Need new food ideas PLEASE!

Options
Hi all! I am new here and sooo stuck in a food rut! Would really appreciate some ideas for meals that are relatively high in protein, but do not have meat. I do eat some seafood, and eggs. I am not a vegetarian, just don't like meat that much! :) I am so sick of bread, cheese, yogurt I could scream! I feel a big binge coming on if I don't figure out a way to switch it up and make this healthy eating more interesting! Thanks for any ideas you may have!! :wink:

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I like hot dogs with avacado and jalepeno peppers
  • jessicalhall85
    Options
    you could always have some protein bars around they are usually high in protein but you have to watch the sugars and carbs. i use alot of chicken...and ground turkey, but if you don't like meat, you could have cottage cheese? lol i don't really know...cause i love meat! lol good luck!!!
  • grasshopper0814
    Options
    Make a good pot of homemade meatless chili
  • carlajp18
    carlajp18 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Lainey,

I like to make brown rice (Steamfresh bag) with black beans (Goya), guacamole, sourcream, cheese, lettuce, tomato, salsa with or without whole wheat tortillas. Lots of protein in the beans and cheese. You can make a wrap out of it too for lunch.

I also pack a nice salad with mixed greens, iceberg, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, garbanzo beans, edamame (you can buy these shelled in the frozen section), and lemon pepper tuna (Starkist). The tuna, garbanzo beans, and edamame are excellent sources of protein.

And one last suggestion is Ronzoni whole wheat pasta plus omega (just cook it longer than regular pasta) and toss in fresh tomatoes plus any other veggies you like, basil, garlic, a little bit of olive oil. The fortified pasta will keep you full and will give you a bit more protein variety.

I really hope that helps. Please don't hestiate to let me know if you have other questions. I love to cook!

~Carla
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    bean dishes...
    vegetable chili with black and kidney beans
    bean soup
    bean dip

I've also seen black bean burgers but never made them. Anyone have a good recipe?
  • carlajp18
    carlajp18 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I haven't made black bean burgers at home yet but I'll track a recipe down and forward it to you once it has my seal of approval! ;-)

The vegetarian place by my house makes excellent black bean burgers so the standard is high!