Slimming World

Options
gafs20
gafs20 Posts: 13 Member
Hi I was wondering if anyone on here is trying slimming world and then logging on here too?

I have tried all different diets and I cannot seem to stick to them, I like the flexibility of this plan and so far I haven't been hungry!

If anyone else is trying this it would be great to get in touch and share meal ideas!

:-)

Replies

• NiniXMurph
    Options
    I'm trying this too. I've done Slimming World in that past and dropped 3st. I then got pregnant and stuck to Slimming World throughout my pregnancy. 6 days after giving birth, I went back to class and weighed the same as before I became pregnant.

However, since then I've managed to put nearly all the weight back on as I stopped going to Slimming World and stopped exercising. So I went back three weeks ago and have lost 7lb so far. I'm really happy with that!

I've decided to also log on to my fitness pal to keep track of my portion sizes and calorie intake. I know that the Slimming World plan works very well without this but it is something I wanted to do for myself.

Good luck on your weight loss journey! :)
  • sophiemarie987
    sophiemarie987 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm starting from today. I've done it 3 times before and the first time lost nearly a stone the gave up and left as after going on holiday gained 4 1/2 pounds and after that changed the person who was running it and just didn't get on.

I'm just going to be following the book and hope for results :)

It does work!!
  • our_ayley
    our_ayley Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I started in February and love it! I'm not logging food on here as I find it too distracting looking at calories as well, but I do check in with my weigh ins. I have an instagram account where I track my recipes and stuff though - @sw_hayley :) Add me on here and there if you want xx
  • gafs20
    gafs20 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys its great to see other people in the same situation! I have heard lots of good things about slimming world so fingers crossed it will work.... im on day 5 and touch wood not finding it too bad will see on the weigh in! :-)
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    been doing SW for nearly a year and have lost 3 1/2 stone
  • nikkikey33
    Options
    hi ive been doing slimming world for 2 years (pregnant for 10 months of it) and have lost nearly 5stone so far (still have a couple to go) ive just started using this app along side it and would love to have support from people in same boat and also offer support to anyone :)
  • FaithfulJewel
    FaithfulJewel Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My Mum does Slimming World, and I tried it, but I'm afraid I really couldn't get along with it.

It's a very psychological thing of "unlimited" white carbs/veg/fruit and then feeling guilty (syns... the name doesn't help) over eating a chocolate here and there. I hated having to stick to only 2 slices of wholemeal bread a day, and struggled to hit my dairy intake as I'm mildly lactose intolerant, and for me it was just far too restrictive.

I find counting calories far easier - I can eat that chocolate at 200kcal, cause then I know I have 1800kcal left for all of my meals. Rather than that chocolate being 14 syns and no, you can't have that tiny bit of extra cheese, because you had milk in your cereal earlier and you've used up your syns.

Good luck with it all though :) Find what works to you, stick to it, and remember to have a third of veg on every plate!

(Note: I did maintain, thereabouts, while on SW but I didn't lose anything)
  • emmafossett1
    emmafossett1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hopfully you will be able to help, So I have been on here for the last 9 months and lost 5stone 7lbs but I am stuck on losing my lost stone, If I went back to slimming world would I put weight on? I am only eating 1400cals per day and with being a veggie I know I will be eating loads of carbs on slimming world, Good idea or not? I am stuck