eating well...

Options
as long as u r eating all the good foods does it matter if u go over calories for the day? I like to munch and i have full of fruits and veggies at my desk during the day while i work i munch on all of em, but when it comes to supper time i usually go over my calories or just about.

Does that matter? I do alot of walking as u all know....

Replies

• sharonuk10
    Options
    I would say yes it does matter. If you consume more calories than you use that is how you gain weight. With that said. MFP does give you a 500 cal deficit or more depending on how much you set to lose a week. So you really are only going to hurt the amount of weight you lose.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    weight loss is just mathmatics if you eat more calories that will affect weight loss because of less of a deficit, do you loss your walking as exercise becuase that would give you more calories.
  • BexC
    BexC Posts: 53
    Options
    How much are we talking over.

If it is only 50 - maybe 100 I would not worry at all. :)
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Going over on calories will slow your weight loss. If you're on maintenance, it could make you gain. If you're having problems staying within your guidelines, maybe up the exercise. Do a 10-minute aerobic routine in addition to your walks. Paul Eugene has some great short fitness videos on YouTube, and best of all, it's free!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Try to stick to 5 or 6 meals per day as opposed to munching all day or in between meal times. Plan out your day so you have breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner and snack (if you desire). Eating every 2 - 3 hours is ideal. Have your afternoon snack late enough in the afternoon to get you to dinner time. And make sure that snack is something filling... just a piece of fruit is not a proper snack. You should pair the fruit with a lean protein (yogurt, string cheese, etc) or a small handful of almonds. If you are eating good, filling meals through the day, you should be able to stay on target for dinner. And if you are super hungry at dinner time, load up on veggies, not fruit or high carb sources. Hope that helps! :flowerforyou:
  • lynzyn
    lynzyn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I go over about 100 calories cause i munch on fruits and veggies at work at my desk....But this is only time to time not everyday!
    have been having health issues lately so not much exercise but walking!

I plan on starting next week with more exercise and see how my body reacts!

okidoki then everyone thanks alot :)
  • Adusenka
    Adusenka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Well I read somewhere that it really doesn't matter what you eat (calorie wise ofc) that it IS just math.. so if you eat 1200cals on one junk meal or on loads of fruits, cal wise it's no difference..
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Just glancing at the last couple days of your diary, you might want to consider increasing your protein intake. Protein helps you feel full and helps to process all the carbs that you eat. The protein goal on here is set pretty low. So, you should atleast make your minimum protein goal EVERY day. And actually, increasing that goal would be even better.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    From looking at the past week you have been under your calories everyday. It takes 3500 cals to gain or lose a pound so 100 here or there will not affect weight that much.
  • lynzyn
    lynzyn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    i guess i wanna loose so badly i make sure i try to stay under that goal the MFP gives me and sometimes i forget to log a couple things here and there( fruits and veggie or wtv) so every day when i am done i add an extra 100-200 in my head, but i eat alot of fruit and veggies! My hubby works in a distribution company for that so we get alot of goodies of fruits and veggies yum
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for the suggestion of the Paul Eugene videos on You Tube. I just did one, and wow, it's the perfect thing for me. I am going to continue these.

I am really grateful :flowerforyou: