It's looking at me.....

Options
I have just bought a kettlebell this morning........12kg. I'm just a beginner and am unsure now as to whether I've bought the right sort of weight but I didn't want to get something that was just going to be too light.
I already have some hand weights too, nothing very heavy......the heaviest are just 2kg each.

Any tips, advice, workouts etc please.

Replies

• gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I used to love Jillian Michaels' kettlebell workout. I don't own a kettlebell but i substituted with a dumbel and it was pretty fun workout.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I used to love Jillian Michaels' kettlebell workout. I don't own a kettlebell but i substituted with a dumbel and it was pretty fun workout.

What made you stop loving it? Did it not return your love? Or did y'all just grow apart?
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    we grow apart :) lol
    No just got tired of JM workouts that's all- started Insanity
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I also have a few kettlebells around the house, and I love Jillian's workout DVD. HOWEVER, 12 kg is very heavy, if not way too heavy to use on those. The DVD suggests hand weights from 3-8 lbs to start with. I have never used a kettlebell heavier than 15 lbs on it. It's a cardio workout with weights, not so much classic kettlebell swings. Browse around youtube for classic kettlebell training.
    Good luck!
  • becksxxx70
    becksxxx70 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I also have a few kettlebells around the house, and I love Jillian's workout DVD. HOWEVER, 12 kg is very heavy, if not way too heavy to use on those. The DVD suggests hand weights from 3-8 lbs to start with. I have never used a kettlebell heavier than 15 lbs on it. It's a cardio workout with weights, not so much classic kettlebell swings. Browse around youtube for classic kettlebell training.
    Good luck!
    Yes it is pretty heavy. OK with 2 hands, certainly couldn't do anything one handed with it or anything fast like cardio based stuff, but that's OK because I didn't want it for that type of thing anyway.
    Thanks, will have a search when I get chance, it's just knowing what's good and what's not so good.......