Soreness from activities after losing 40lbs

I started with my weight loss program when 2014 rolled around in January, and I joined MFP then. It has been a great ride and I've lost 38lbs so far, and I still want to lose about 20 more. It has been a pretty steady ride on most part.

I am a very avid golfer, and yesterday we were granted with a beautiful day in Western NY. I took advantage by putting in my first round of golf of the season. I was alarmed to find that I was having sharp pain in the middle of my back during my downswing. I have been playing golf for 7 years, and even when I was fat, I NEVER once experienced this kind of pain before. It lingered throughout the round during each downswing that i made, and I just fought through it. I was left worried about it.

Now, the next day I woke up incredibly sore in some areas - arms, shoulder, abs, thighs, and back. Again, never once had this before, even when I was fat. I once went on a golfing binge in scorching Austin, Texas playing 5 rounds in 3 days and did not experience any soreness. Basically, I used to be able to easily play 2 rounds in a given day without any problems.

Could my weight-loss have anything to do with this? What gives?