Testing myself

sillygoose1977
sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I am experimenting with not counting calories and tracking my exercise. I have lost 11 pounds using MFP and 17 pounds total. To me, for this to truly be a lifestyle change, I cannot come on here every day and count every calorie I intake. It has to be something I can manage on my own. Don't get me wrong, I love this site, but I don't want to rely on it forever. I have not counted calories for almost 2 weeks and I am still losing my 1 pound per week. I am 2 weeks into Couch to 5K and I see HUGE results from the running. I am starting to feel like my old sexy self.

I am curious to know how anyone else has done when stopping the tracking. I honestly cannot live my life obsessively counting calories. Thanks!

Replies

• azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    i would think that over time, it becomes habit to eat right. Thats kind of the point i believe. To count each calorie for as long as necessary until it becomes a natural normal thing to do without having to think about it. I personally will probably always count calories. but if you dont need to then great!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Once I reach my goal I plan to count for a year, at least, but I'm fine counting forever. I consider MFP a part of my change so if I'm here 5 years from now and still maintaining, then I'm totally fine with that. Knowledge is power, for me and all the info is here, so I'm happy to be here too.
This discussion has been closed.