Healthy Snack Ideas That Won't Break The Calorie Bank?

Options
2»

Replies

• willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    This is a great suggestion. I have never heard of this. Where can I find pb2?

Amazon sells it, I've never seen it in a store.

I find it in the "health food" section of my grocery store (like where the vegan stuff is, not where the slimfast skakes are). Or where they have the Nutella, depends on the store.

Hmm I wish we had it in stores around here! I've asked and had them double check at a couple of our local grocery stores.
  • melissalanggin
    melissalanggin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This is a great suggestion. I have never heard of this. Where can I find pb2?

Amazon sells it, I've never seen it in a store.

I find it in the "health food" section of my grocery store (like where the vegan stuff is, not where the slimfast skakes are). Or where they have the Nutella, depends on the store.

Hmm I wish we had it in stores around here! I've asked and had them double check at a couple of our local grocery stores.

Target has it. I have seen it there a few times :)
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I've seen it in our walmart
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky is great!
  • lilyp91
    lilyp91 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I go a similar length of time between breakfast and lunch, so I can definitely relate to your post! First, I eat a cereal that is high in fiber to help keep me feeling full for longer. For high fiber/low calories, I typically eat Kashi Heart to Heart (160 calories for one full cup) with a cup of unsweetened almond milk (30 calories!). I then drink my coffee and water over the course of the morning, which helps me from wanting to gnaw my arm off before my next meal! My go-to when I need a snack to get me through is a banana. It really helps and it's hard to feel bad about eating a banana. A medium is about 100 calories. Popcorn that you've made yourself is also a good choice and Pinterest has a lot of interesting ways to dress it (that won't break your caloric bank) to make it flavorful. :o)
  • lilyp91
    lilyp91 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Also, consider a smoothie for a meal or half of one for a snack. I use Vega powder in mine (I think it's about 146 per serving) and it is LOADED with protein, fiber, etc. but without any chemical nonsense, usually with a banana and almond milk as the base. I sometimes throw in some PB2 powder and cocoa powder as well.
  • lujako
    lujako Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hummus and veggies :) I usually have a teeny bit of hummus on cucumber slices! Delish!

^^ Agree, Hummus and celery are great together, Hummus and bell peppers...hmm Ok hummus is just plain good! Hummus as a salad dressing!
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Small apple with my almonds
    Celery w/laughing cow cheese
    Quest Apple Pie protein bar
    Greek Yogurt (Chobani 0%, blackberry and peach are my favorite)
    banana and chocolate protein shake
    mango slices
    pineapple chunks
    grapes
    cantaloupe
  • ednakrabappe
    ednakrabappe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    my go to munchie is raw baby button mushrooms. You can eat an entire pack for under about 50 calories. Who wants more than that? They have to be really fresh though!
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Skinny Pop is my go-to favorite.... mmmmm nom nom
  • aliciamunday7
    aliciamunday7 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I slice and apple, put it on a baking sheet, sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Bake for 10 minutes
  • dieter1200
    dieter1200 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    -cucumber
    -cereal and milk
    -oatmeal
    -soup
    -half a sandwich
    -salad
    -egg salad (egg, celery, onion, light mayo, garlic, Lowery salt)
    -tuna salad (tuna, celery, onion, light mayo)
  • Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    Options
    I whip up a batch of these healthy brownies from 90-120 cals a slice! So much more exciting than carrots lol:

d9689db6c33411e392ae0002c9f4a810_6.jpg
    Main ingredient is CHICKPEAS! Crazy but it totally works.

Also these are amazing and come in at 100 cals a pop and can make them with your fave flavours:

245ffefcb78911e3825f0ec2c64041cb_6.jpg

I always update my blog with healthy recipes... google 'Sunny Side Up Soph' and you'll find me :smooched:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I normally get a chocolate bar....
  • mdawn1253
    mdawn1253 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I get mine at Walmart. It's with the normal jars of peanut butter.
  • Tminus18
    Tminus18 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bumping this up!