Body by you & suspensions!

Options
Hi guys,

I'm new to this book. I haven't started yet. But, is it possible to do some of the exercises such as let me ins, let me ups, pull ups etc with a suspension like TRX, WOSS or rip 60. Is the WOSS just as effective as the TRX and is it able to last?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I have the Woss system and I think its great!! The strap is about half the size of a TRX strap but just as durable. The handles on the TRX use webbing instead of rope but again the Woss set up is just as effective. For 1/5 the price, I am glad I went with the Woss system.

Suspension training is a great workout. I do it every weekend in an actual TRX class (I like the instructor and the group workout setting) and have learned many moves with it. I use my Woss straps when I travel or when I miss a session with my trainer during the week. You can make it as difficult as you can handle or as easy as you need it to be. Its all about the angle either toward or away from center on the exercise that determines the level of difficultly. You can raise a leg to make some moves even harder.

There are variations of each of those exercises that you listed, as well as many others. Just about any exercise you can do in the gym can be done with suspension straps and your own body weight. Since you are in plank position for most of the workouts, you are also building a strong core while working your other muscle groups.
  • JCLondonUK
    JCLondonUK Posts: 159
    Options
    Another vote for the WOSS kit here. I got one for home after using TRX at the gym, and it's great value with endless possibilities. Just hook it over a door and go.

You could also pick up an Ab roller if you're looking for affordable kit for home. Again, I got one after using one at the gym with my trainer (and feeling the DOMS for days afterwards!) :smile: you can do a helluvalot with just bodyweight with those two, for less than £50.

Have fun!
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!