Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Doing work out videos with roomates...

megnay
megnay Posts: 65 Member
I love doing work out video programs, but I'm a student and live with roommates and it always makes me a little self-conscious as they can hear me bouncing around in my room. Anyone else deal with this? haha

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I live with a 20 year old (son) and a 32 year old (husband) try doing it with them in the house...

lots of teehees and laughs going on...they stopped laughing when I started lifting more than them....:laugh:
  • megnay
    I live with a 20 year old (son) and a 32 year old (husband) try doing it with them in the house...

lots of teehees and laughs going on...they stopped laughing when I started lifting more than them....:laugh:
    Haha, good point! They do stop laughing when they realize how dedicated you are!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    I list this as one of the joys of home ownership! In my exercising youth I made sure I got a place that was on the bottom floor. My hometown of LA has a workout REQUIREMENT so everyone thought it was normal. Still, having privacy is nice!
  • megnay
    I list this as one of the joys of home ownership! In my exercising youth I made sure I got a place that was on the bottom floor. My hometown of LA has a workout REQUIREMENT so everyone thought it was normal. Still, having privacy is nice!
    A requirement? That's cool and definitely a good idea. I've just sucked it up and bounce around in my room! Luckily Insanity doesn't require tons of space like I found P90X did, so it's working out so far! :-)
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    in one of the BB threads there was a girl that was living with her BF's parents and did it in thier living room on full display.

it could be worse
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I feel like closing the door and doing it would be more awkward than just doing it more "open".. maybe go outside and do them?

people kind of made fun of me- till they saw me doing body weight stuff that was way harder than the stuff they were doing.

Just keep pushing- it'll be okay.

But kudo's to you for doing it at home/at the dorm- I hate working out at home. bleck.

otherwise I got nothing- I went to a military school- doing inside PT was pretty normal- was not unusual to walk in to someone doing random push ups or things.
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    I know what you mean! I used to be so embarrassed for people to see me doing workout videos at home. Not because I'm embarrassed about working out in public, but because the jumping around feels so silly. I even stayed up super late so I could work out after everyone else was asleep. You could also get up extra early for your exercise.

There's also always working out outside/at the gym. Your college probably has one. I'm more comfortable doing it around strangers because I feel like they're less likely to judge me.