One pound? Really?!? Thats it?!?

Options

Replies

• nowic
    nowic Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind that everyone is different. Eveyone is going to lose/gain at a different pace. Don't base you off of anyone else.

You'll find what works for you.

Feel free to check out my food diary if you want some healthy food ideas. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

thanks- I will :happy:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OK So I am venting a little bit. :grumble: I stayed under 1500 cals and exercied everyday since I have been here.... And all Ive lost is one pound!! I know I should be happy, but it seems like so much work and effort for 1 pound. When I would weigh myself everyday my weight would change a pound or so one way or the other. So to only lose one pound when I am trying, is a little disheartening :frown: I know all the stuff I should tell myself such as, I am prob retaining water, or drink more water (even though I had my 8 glasses everyday), stick with it maybe next week will be better. I know these things- but that is not how I feel. Yes I will stick with it, I am just a little ticked off right now! :angry:
    I promise to be in a better mood next time, I just am having a moment.

I had a week where I was under 1,200 every day and exercised and I GAINED 2.

The slower you lose, the more likely you are to keep it off and the less likely you'll have a lot of loose skin.

It says you joined in October. We're in the second week of October. That's a great loss.

For inspiration, go look at a pound of hamburger at the grocery store.
  • monstertwelve
    Options
    awww its ok!
    sounds like you should change things up a bit.
    maybe you should increase you exercise or change it around...like do more/less cardio, or more/less weight training...whatever you feel comfortable with!
    you should also eat a little different...like go up and down with the calories (one day go a little under and one day go a little over)...the difference will make your metabolism work faster.
    try eating different foods...ones that make you feel full longer...and have really healthy snacks ALL throughout the day.
    find little things to do that keep you moving...like if you work, on your break, walk to go and get food or bring food with you, eat it and walk around for the remaining time...take the stairs...park the furthest away from ever stor you go to.
    little things like this make all the difference!
    you should change it up every once in a while only because your body gets used to the same ol routine and its will just refuse to progress any further.
    but 1lbs is AWESOME!!!!
    its def a GREAT start so HUGE CONGRATS!!!!
    ***remember that yesterday...you were 1lb heavier...and now YOUR NOT!!!!***
    :):):):):)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Don't take this the wrong way but you diet is not very healthy. Not enough fruit and veggies and way too much fast food and processed food. You might have lost more weight but the sodium kept water in your system. It also appears that you are eating well under the recommended amount that MFP gives you. You should try to be within 100 cals (over or under) of that goal after taking into account exercise as MFP already sets you up in a caloric deficit to lose weight.

Also if you are on a budget why eat at McDonald's and Pizza Hut. I could eat for 1 to 2 days with the amount 1 meal costs at either of these places, and much healthier as well. Good luck
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Mollydolly10::Eat More?? This site said I should be eating (if I want to lose 2 lbs a week) 1400- I actually bumped it up to 1500. I thought that seemed more doable for long term. How much should I be eating?? Please help! :smile: Yes , I know McDonalds is a bad choice - it is just quick, easy and cheap- but still wrong :blushing:

KarenBorter:: Yes I have been exercising- it has been a variety of things from volleyball to walking on a tredmill for at least 30 min. What do you mean about not leaving any cals on the table?

At the bottom of your food journal you should have very little if any calories remaining, you get to eat the calories you burn through exercise. McDonald,s is no where near as cheep as the grocery store.
  • rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Just try to remember what your eating counts too...its not all about the amount of calories. 1500 calories in 'bad' foods compared to 1500 in healthy food are going to give you different results...like someone else said McDonalds is full of sodium, let alone transfats.

Why dont you try eating every 2-3 hours...that will speed up your metabolism and keep you satifisfied and when you have these small meals include a healthy carb ( like whole grains), healthy proteins ( like low fat yogurt, eggs, lean meats, etc. ) and a healthy fat ( like avacodo, natural almond or peanut butters, nuts,etc, low fat cheeses)...this will keep you full too.

This is what I do anyways and when I do this I have a great day.

Also, plan your meals the night before. I pack my lunch bag with all of the things I will eat the next day and we plan our supper the night before too...sometimes I even log my food on here the night before so I know exactly what I will eat and how many calories it will be.

Planning ahead is a huge key...I know how hectic the mornings are, if I didnt plan my foods I would not do as well. I know this from experience, the days that I dont have my bag packed it is so much easier to choose the wrong things. Today I picked my son up from school for lunch and I took him to A & W for a treat, but I brought my wrap that I made from home with me and ate it there!

Always have heathy things with you and its easier to stay on track!

If you eat nutrient dense food your body will want more later because it didnt get the nurtients it needed at that meal! You have to fuel your body!

You can do this!!! I know you can!
    Just try to be patient, its better for the weight to come off slow anyways!
    Good luck!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Mollydolly10::Eat More?? This site said I should be eating (if I want to lose 2 lbs a week) 1400- I actually bumped it up to 1500. I thought that seemed more doable for long term. How much should I be eating?? Please help! :smile: Yes , I know McDonalds is a bad choice - it is just quick, easy and cheap- but still wrong :blushing:

KarenBorter:: Yes I have been exercising- it has been a variety of things from volleyball to walking on a tredmill for at least 30 min. What do you mean about not leaving any cals on the table?

What I mean is EAT your exercise calories. If you aren't eating your body is going to hold on to EVERYTHING. Calories = Energy. Calories Burned = Energy Spent you need to replenish that energy. Start eating your food and stop eating processed foods. I have saved SO MUCH money by bringing my lunch to work and cooking at home. So much so that I am buying another pair of shoes this weekend :)
  • nowic
    Options
    Don't take this the wrong way but you diet is not very healthy. Not enough fruit and veggies and way too much fast food and processed food. You might have lost more weight but the sodium kept water in your system. It also appears that you are eating well under the recommended amount that MFP gives you. You should try to be within 100 cals (over or under) of that goal after taking into account exercise as MFP already sets you up in a caloric deficit to lose weight.

Also if you are on a budget why eat at McDonald's and Pizza Hut. I could eat for 1 to 2 days with the amount 1 meal costs at either of these places, and much healthier as well. Good luck

No I dont take it the wrong way- I appreciate the feed back! Thanks for the tips!! The Pizza Hut thing, we were at a friends house for dinner and football- so I didnt buy :smile: but I hear what you are saying! We use to eat out more, cuz it seems like everyone has a dollar menu and with a crazy schedule and it being cheap, it was just easier. But we are doing better :wink: thanks again!
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I took a quick look at your diary and although you seem to be at or slightly under your 1500 calorie amount per day I think its the food that you are eating to get those calories is the culprit.....keep driving by the McDonalds and Pizza Hut. Plus it looks like you are only eating 2 times a day. You need to space your eating out over 5 to 6 "meals" and include lots of veggies and fruits.

Eating the right food in the right quantity takes a lot of work and planning.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    something from Tony Horton

ALRIGHT, SIT BACK, AND RELAX.
    LET'S GO OVER A COUPLE OF THINGS.
    THERE SEEMS TO BE A GENERAL LACK OF WILLPOWER,
    AND THERE ALSO SEEMS TO BE, LIKE CANI SAID, POOR PLANNING.
    SHOWING UP TO A PARTY HUNGRY, NEVER A GOOD IDEA, YOU'RE SCREWED.
    NOW I COULD SIT HERE AND I COULD TELL YOU LITTLE TIPS ABOUT HOW TO HELP YOU CONTROL YOUR EATING HABITS,
    IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF YOUR FOOD, AND I DO IT WEEK AFTER WEEK, MONTH AFTER MONTH,YEAR AFTER YEAR
    AND IT SEEMS LIKE THE SAME PEOPLE (I KNOW WHO YOU ARE - YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) CONTINUE TO JUST LET FOOD WIN.
    AM I CORRECT?
    I MEAN, YOU DO THE PROGRAMS, AND YOU COME INTO THE CHAT ROOMS AND YOU GO INTO MESSAGE BOARDS
    AND YOU'RE PART OF THE COMMUNITY AND YOU HAVE BEEN FOR YEARS, AND YOU LOSE SOME WEIGHT, AND GAIN IT BACK
    THEN YOU LOSE SOME MORE, AND GAIN BACK MORE, AND IT'S JUST A CYCLE THAT CONTINUES.
    SOMETIMES YOU TAKE IT SERIOUSLY, SOMETIMES YOU DON'T.
    BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!
    SAD, BORING AND PATHETIC, REALLY...
    YOU BLAME IT ON YOUR PARENTS AND YOU BLAME IT ON WORK
    AND YOU BLAME IT ON STRESS
    AND YOU BLAME IT ON POOR PLANNING,
    OR ON THE WEATHER OR LACK OF SLEEP
    AND YOU SORT OF TAKE THE BLAME, BUT NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE ANY CHANGES.
    I MEAN, IF IT DOESN'T MATTER
    CUZ APPARENTLY IT DOESN'T
    CUZ IF IT DID
    THIS WOULD NO LONGER BE A PROBLEM FOR MOST OF YOU.
    BUT THE SAD FACT OF THE MATTER IS, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!
    IT'S NOT LIKE THIS COMPANY IS SELLING YOU SOME SILLY WEIGHT LOSS DIET PROGRAM THAT IS ASKING YOU TO EAT FUNKY PORTIONS OF STUPID FOOD FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
    YOU HAVE TEMPTATIONS AND YOU SUCCUMB TO THEM. PERIOD.
    NOW MY JOB TONIGHT IS NOT TO SIT HERE AND POINT FINGERS AND CALL YOU NAMES, AND SAY THAT YOU ARE LOSERS.
    BUT IT'S TIME FOR A LITTLE TOUGH LOVE PEOPLE.
    AS SOME OF YOU KNOW, I'M 50 AND LIFE IS EXTRAORDINARILY SHORT.
    I FEEL LIKE I'VE LIVED 10 LIVES ALREADY AND AS WE ALL GET OLDER, IT DOESN'T GET ANY EASIER, UNLESS WE DO THE RIGHT THING.
    SUCCUMBING TO TEMPTATION BASED ON OUTSIDE INFLUENCES AND INFLUENCES INSIDE OUR HEADS
    JUST MAKES LIFE SUCH A DULL BORING FRUSTRATING DRAG.
    ICK!
    IS THIS WHAT WE WANT?
    IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH?
    IS IT?
    BUT WHAT THE HELL YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?
    BECAUSE CHANGE IS A ***** MAN.
    BUT IF YOU WANT THE LIFE THAT I THINK YOU THINK YOU DESERVE, THEN YOU HAVE TO DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU'RE DOING.
    CUZ I GOTTA SAY, WHEN I SHOW UP TO EVENTS (TEAM BEACHBODY EVENTS OR CAMPS) AND I SEE PEOPLE WHO USED TO BE FIT WHO AREN'T, I JUST THINK, WHAT HAPPENED?
    AND I KNOW THE ECONOMY IS ROUGH AND THINGS HAPPEN IN LIFE THAT ARE BRUTAL, BUT SINCE WHEN DOES FOOD SOLVE ANY OF OUR PROBLEMS?
    IT MAKES THINGS WORSE!
    WE NEED SOMETHING TO MAKE US FEEL GOOD FOR 10 SECONDS, BUT ALL IT'S DOING IS MAKING OUR SITUATION WORSE!
    [LisaErin82] Tony__how did you get into fitness? what keeps you going day in and day out? do you take 'breaks' throughout the year?
    LISA, GOOD QUESTION.
    WHICH TIES INTO THIS TOPIC.
    BECAUSE I HAVE TO!
    BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO!
    BECAUSE THE ALTERNATIVE SUCKS!
    MANY PEOPLE IN THIS CHAT ROOM KNOW THAT IT’S TOO VITAL, IT'S TOO IMPORTANT.
    IT MAKES LIFE SO MUCH BETTER. NOT TO DO IT MAKES FOR A LESSER LIFE.
    SO IF YOU DON'T MIND YOUR LESSER LIFE KEEP ON EATING CRAP BASED ON ALL YOUR LAME EXCUSES.
    I GOT INTO FITNESS BECAUSE I WANTED TO LOOK BETTER, I STAYED IN FITNESS BECAUSE I LIKE FEELING BETTER.
    I LIKE THE QUALITY OF MY LIFE TO IMPROVE, BECAUSE I UNDERSTAND THAT EXERCISE AND EATING RIGHT DOES THAT.
    I LIKE BEING FIT AND I LIKE BEING HEALTHY.
    I UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF THOSE THINGS
    I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT TO ACHIEVE THEM, I HAVE TO EAT RIGHT AND EXERCISE AT LEAST 6 DAYS A WEEK
    MY POOR EATING HAS DIMINISHED LESS AND LESS OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS.
    I'VE ALMOST CUT CHOCOLATE OUT. WHICH IS HARD FOR ME.
    I NOTICE THAT WHEN I GET TO THAT ROUGH PATCH OF 2 OR 3 WEEKS WHEN I'M TRYING TO GET OFF OF ANY KIND OF A PARTICULAR BAD FOOD HABIT THE CRAVINGS GO AWAY AND I FEEL BETTER MORE OFTEN.
    I SLEEP BETTER.
    MY DIGESTION IS BETTER.
    MY ENERGY IS UP.
    MY MOODS ARE UPBEAT AND POSITIVE MORE OFTEN.
    BTW, FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE STRUGGLING WITH YOUR DIET (WHICH I KNOW IS PROBABLY MORE THAN 11 OF YOU)
    IF YOU NOTICE YOU'RE STRUGGLING IN LIFE, GUESS WHAT?
    THAT STRUGGLE COMES WITH WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH FIRST, NOT VISA VERSA
    ONE CAUSES THE OTHER.
    IT'S NOT COINCIDENCE THAT YOUR WACK DIET IS PART OF YOUR WACK LIFE.
    EVERYBODY READ ME?
    HEARING ME?
    FEELING ME?
    ANYBODY THINK I'M TALKING TO THEM DIRECTLY?
    HOW DOES THAT FEEL?
    KINDA CRAPPY, RIGHT?
    AS DR. PHIL WOULD SAY
    HOW'S THAT WORKING OUT FOR YOU?
    WHEN THIS CHAT IS OVER TONIGHT I WANT YOU TO WALK AWAY WITH SOME THOUGHTS IN YOUR HEAD THAT MIGHT NOT EXIST AFTER A NORMAL CHAT.
    ONE THOUGHT OR QUESTION I SHOULD SAY IS... WHAT AM I GONNA DO ABOUT IT?
    BECAUSE RIGHT NOW YOU'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING.
    YOU'RE JUST LETTING LIFE PUSH YOU AROUND.
    SUPER LEAN, SUPER RIPPED, SUPER HEALTHY, SUPER STRONG PEOPLE DO EVERYTHING RIGHT.
    PEOPLE THAT ARE PRETTY RIPPED, PRETTY HEALTHY, PRETTY STRONG, DO MOST THINGS RIGHT
    PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT OVERWEIGHT, NOT UNHEALTHY, BUT LOOK OK DO ABOUT HALF OF THE IMPORTANT THINGS RIGHT.
    I COULD KEEP GOING BUT YOU UNDERSTAND WHERE I'M HEADED.
    3 MONTHS AGO, I WAS DOING MY 90/10 % PLAN AND THAT WAS PRETTY GOOD, YOU KNOW, 6 PACK, ETC.
    BUT WHEN I CLEANED IT UP MORE, I'M JUST LEANER AND I FEEL BETTER.
    IT WORKED FOR ME
    AND I DON'T MISS THE CHOCOLATE.
    YOU KIDS NEED A PLAN.
    ANYBODY WANT A PLAN RIGHT NOW?
    FREE OF CHARGE?
    NOW THIS PLAN IS SO SIMPLE IT'S GONNA FREAK YOU OUT!
    YOU HAVE YOUR PIECES OF PAPER AND WRITING UTENSILS READY?
    AT THE TOP OF A PIECE OF PAPER WRITE THIS;
    I, [WRITE YOUR OWN NAME] HEREBY DECLARE THAT I WILL FOLLOW THE TONY HORTON FOOD PLAN FOR THE NEXT 30 DAYS.
    I'M GONNA GIVE YOU KIDS THE HARD CORE VERSION NOT MODIFIED VERSIONS OF THE FOOD PLAN.
    OK, PICK UP YOUR PENCILS AGAIN.
    FOR THE NEXT 30 DAYS I WILL NOT EAT WHITE BREAD OR ANYTHING MADE WITH ENRICHED FLOUR OR PROCESSED FLOUR
    SNICKERS BARS.
    DONE! OUT! GONE!
    BYE BYE! SEE YA LATER!
    NO MAS! SIANARA!
    GOT IT?
    GET IT?
    DO IT!
    I WILL GREATLY REDUCE MY DAIRY INTAKE.
    AND FOR SOME OF YOU NO MORE DAIRY!
    GET IT? DO IT!
    NO MORE PIZZA WITH A TON OF CHEESE!
    NO MORE MILK!
    NO MORE ICE CREAM!
    GONE! OUT!
    GO BUY SOME ALMOND MILK OR RICE MILK.
    OR I'LL SMACK YA.
    NO MORE CARBONATED BEVERAGES.
    NO MORE PEPSI.
    NO MORE COKE.
    NO MORE 7 UP.
    NO MORE SPRITE.
    NO MORE DR. PEPPER.
    NO MORE DIET PEPSI.
    NO MORE DIET COKE.
    NO MORE ZERO COKE.
    NO MORE MOUNTAIN DEW.
    NONE!
    WATER AND TEA ONLY!
    IF YOU'RE A COFFEE PSYCHO, 1 CUP A DAY.
    SHUT UP AND DO IT!
    AT LEAST 2 OF YOUR MEALS A DAY THERE'D BETTER BE VEGETABLES ON YOUR PLATE.
    1 MEAL A DAY, THERE'D BETTER BE FRUIT.
    DO IT
    HERE'S HOW YOU'RE GETTING YOUR PROTEIN.
    NUTS, BEANS, FISH, TURKEY, AND CHICKEN.
    THAT'S IT!
    SHUT UP AND DO IT!
    GET OFF THE RED MEAT FOR A WHILE.
    OFF!
    I DON'T CARE ABOUT LEAN RED MEAT.
    JUST GET OFF OF IT!
    FOR THE FIRST 2 WEEKS OF YOUR 30 DAY PLAN
    WRITE IT DOWN!
    WRITE IT DOWN!
    EVERY MORSEL!
    "OH, BUT TONY, THAT'S SO HARD, IT TAKES TIME, WHAT IF I FORGET A PEN? WHAT IF I'VE LOST MY PAD OF PAPER TO WRITE DOWN WHAT I'VE EATEN? DOES THAT MEAN I HAVE TO WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING IN MY SALAD? WHAT IF THERE'S AVOCADO, PEPPERS, MUSHROOMS, NUTS, IN DIFFERENT KINDS OF SALAD, DO I HAVE TO WRITE IT ALL DOWN?"
    SHUT UP YOU WHINY LITTLE BI*****!
    IF YOU WANT TO LIVE LARGE AND YOU WANT THIS MICROSCOPICALLY SHORT LIFE OF YOURS TO BE WORTH SHOWING UP FOR
    THEN YOU'LL MAKE A PLAN.
    YOU'LL DO WHAT I SAY AND THINGS WILL BE GOOD!
    OR YOU'LL KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOING AND THEN YOU'LL JUST BE WHAT YOU ARE RIGHT NOW, OR WORSE.
    OKAY?
    THIS COUNTRY HAS TURNED INTO PRE-ROME, AND THE EMPIRE'S ABOUT TO COLLAPSE.
    THE ONLY WAY WE CAN BEGIN TO TURN IT AROUND IS TO START TAKING CARE OF OURSELVES FIRST, SO THAT WE HAVE THE ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM TO TAKE CARE OF THE REST OF THE CRAP THAT IS GOING SOUTH IN OUR LIVES.
    POOR EATING HABITS AND LACK OF PHYSICAL MOVEMENT HAS TURNED THE VAST MAJORITY OF US INTO WHINY LITTLE CRY BABY LOSERS.
    FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE LIVING IN THIS STATE OF QUIET DESPERATION.
    IT'S LIKE JOE THE PLUMBER...
    GOOD GRIEF!
    THE GUY, AND NOT TO GET POLITICAL, BECAUSE IT'S NOT POLITICAL AT ALL.
    HERE'S A GUY PRETENDING TO BE A PLUMBER
    WHEN HE'S ACTUALLY AN UNLICENSED CONTRACTOR WHO DOES PLUMBING, PROCLAIMING THAT HE HAS THE MONEY TO BUY THIS $250,000 PLUMBING BUSINESS, WHEN IN ACTUALITY THE PLUMBING BUSINESS IS ACTUALLY A $100,000 PLUMBING BUSINESS. HE STILL OWES BACK TAXES AND HE MAKES LESS THAN $40k A YEAR. JOE IS MAKING THINGS UP TO MAKE A POINT.
    SO JOE THE PLUMBER NEEDS TO READ LAW #5
    GET REAL JOE!
    WE HAVE TO STOP PRETENDING THAT LIFE IS SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING TO US.
    THE POINT I'M TRYING TO MAKE FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE STILL A LITTLE CONFUSED IS THAT WE HAVE TO TAKE CONTROL OF OUR LIVES. THE ONE THAT IS HAPPENING, NOT THE PRETEND ONE.
    WE HAVE TO TAKE CONTROL OF OUR EATING.
    WE HAVE TO STOP THE FANTASY VERSION AND START BELIEVING IN THE REAL ONE.
    WE HAVE TO STOP PRETENDING THAT THINGS ARE GOING TO GET BETTER BECAUSE WE JUST BOUGHT A NEW CRYSTAL, OR OUR PALM READING WENT WELL, OR SOMEBODY ELSE'LL DO IT FOR US, OR IF WE JUST HOPE OR PRAY IT'LL GET BETTER ON ITS OWN.
    GOOD GRIEF!
    IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY, IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU!
    IT'S JUST YOU.
    YOU AND NO ONE ELSE.
    NOT YOUR HUSBAND, NOT YOUR WIFE.
    NOT GOD.
    NOT YOUR PARENTS.
    NOT YOUR WORK.
    NOT THE WEATHER.
    NONE OF IT.
    IT'S YOU AND THE INFORMATION OR LACK THEREOF, INSIDE YOUR BRAIN.
    THE MORE YOU KNOW, THE MORE YOU CAN DO
    I CAN GET IN HERE AND SHOW YOU LITTLE TRICKS ABOUT HOW TO EAT BETTER OR DO PUSHUPS ON YOUR KNEES BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS SUCCESS IS A DEEPER MORE PROFOUND LOOK WITHIN.
    ARE YOU WITH ME PEOPLE?
    CAN YOU DIG IT?
    IF YOU STICK WITH THE SIMPLE PIECES TO THAT PUZZLE OR THAT PLAN, WEIGHT WILL COME FLYING OFF.
    YOUR BODY WILL CHANGE.
    I DON'T WANT YOU TO COUNT CALORIES.
    I WOULD LIKE YOU TO EAT SMALLER MEALS.
    I WOULD LIKE YOU TO NOT EAT A COUPLE HOURS BEFORE YOU GO TO BED.
    I ALSO WANT TO SAY THAT THERE'S A LIST IN LIFE.
    THE GOOD LIFE LIST
    THINGS LIKE;
    GETTING 7 1/2 TO 8 HOURS OF SLEEP. IT'S NOT LIKE YOU HAVE TO PASS AN EXAM TO KNOW HOW TO DO THAT
    EXERCISE 5_6 DAYS A WEEK. IT'S NOT LIKE YOU HAVE TO ASK FOR PERMISSION FROM SOMEONE ELSE.
    YOU JUST DO IT!
    EATING FRUITS, VEGETABLES, WHOLE GRAINS, AND LEAN PROTEIN AND NOT ALL THE OTHER GARBAGE IS HOW YOU STAY HEALTHY.
    THAT’S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.
    YOU KNOW, STUFF LIKE BRUSH YOUR DAMN TEETH TWICE A DAY.
    FLOSS ONCE IN A WHILE.
    DON'T BLOW OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD SO YOU CAN'T PAY IT OFF.
    CHOOSE PATIENCE OVER RAGE.
    BE IN THE MOMENT.
    ENJOY THE JOURNEY.
    DON'T BE ATTACHED TO THE OUTCOME.
    DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF, BECAUSE IT'S ALL SMALL STUFF.
    OPEN THE DOOR.
    TRY NEW THINGS.
    CHANGE IS GOOD.
    SURROUND YOURSELF WITH LIKE_MINDED, UPBEAT, GOOD HUMORED PEOPLE.
    OKAY, HERE'S THE BOOK OF THE WEEK
    IT'S CALLED "MADE TO STICK"
    THIS BOOK WILL HELP YOU FORMULATE NEW HABITS, THAT STICK.
    THE AMAZING THING ABOUT EXERCISE AND EATING WELL...THE OUTCOME. IF YOU'RE CONSISTENT.
    IT'S THE SAME FOR EVERYONE.
    I KNOW I GOT ON MY BOX NICE AND TALL HERE TODAY BUT I JUST HATE SEEING SMART PEOPLE MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES
    OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
    IT'S GOT TO BE FRUSTRATING.
    WHEN IT COME TO HEALTH AND FITNESS (IN GENERAL) THERE’S 3 GROUPS OF PEOPLE.
    THE FIRST GROUP IS, PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW BETTER.
    THEY HAVEN'T COME ACROSS THIS INFORMATION YET. THEY'RE STILL BUYING INTO WEIGHT WATCHERS, NUTRISYSTEM, HERBAL LIFE AND OTHER PROGRAMS THAT WORK AS LONG AS YOU USE THEM.
    BUT I DON'T KNOW ANYBODY WHO'S BEEN DOING WEIGHT WATCHERS FOR 15 YEARS.
    THEY’RE "WEIGHT LOSS ONLY" PRODUCTS THAT ARE TEMPORARY FIXES.
    THESE SAME FOLKS ARE BUYING STUPID AB CHAIRS, AB LOUNGES AND SOME ROTATING PUSHUP STANDS. THIS STUFF IS SUPPOSED TO CHANGE YOUR ENTIRE BODY?
    GIVE ME A BREAK!
    THEY DON'T KNOW BETTER SO THEY GET TO BE STUCK.
    THEN THERE'S CATEGORY 2
    PEOPLE THAT COME HERE AND UNDERSTAND THAT EXERCISE HAS TO HAPPEN 5_6 DAYS A WEEK. VARIETY WORKS!
    THERE HAS TO BE INTENSITY AND CONSISTENCY.
    THESE PEOPLE ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT HEALTHY FOOD IS PART OF THE EQUATION. WHEN FOLKS IN CATEGORY 2 DISCOVER THIS INFORMATION THEY UNDERSTAND IT'S IMPORTANCE LIKE AIR AND WATER AND LIVE IT.
    FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE (THERE ARE SOME OF YOU THAT ARE IN THIS CHAT ROOM) ARE IN CATEGORY 3
    PEOPLE WHO KNOW BETTER BUT AREN'T WILLING TO APPLY THE INFORMATION.
    IT'S LIKE KNOWING HOW TO BREATHE BUT DECIDING TO CONSTANTLY HOLD YOUR BREATH TO BE MISERABLE.
    IT'S SUCH A BUMMER.

THIS GROUP OF PEOPLE ARE THE SADDEST OF ALL.
    NOT FROM MY PERSPECTIVE, BUT FROM THEIR OWN.
    DOES THIS SOUND LIKE IT MAKES SENSE TO ANYONE IN HERE?
    [Neeeena] If I say "yes" will you not call us b*tches anymore?
    NEEENA, I'LL CALL YOU WHAT I WANT
    AND I MEAN IT IN THE NICEST MOST LOVING CARING POSSIBLE WAY.
    AND LIKE DR. PHIL WOULD SAY
    SO HOW'S THAT GOING FOR YOU?
    [Neeeena] ok then dude, you're getting a "nice and most loving caring " email.
    SO WE KNOW OUR PLAN, CORRECT?
    WE KNOW WHAT TO DO, RIGHT?
    WE'RE GONNA DO IT RIGHT?
    WHY NOT?
    THE END RESULT WILL BE AWESOME!
    YOU CAN ALL HAVE WHAT I HAVE AND I'M NOT THAT SMART.
    I JUST FOLLOW THE RULES.
    I'M LIKE SCOTT FIFER.
    JUST FOLLOW THE RULES
    ALRIGHT, KIDS, THAT'S IT
    THAT'S IT, I'M OUT
    GOODNIGHT EVERYONE
  • monstertwelve
    Options
    One Pound of Fat

Hello! Do you know me? If you don't, you should.
    I am ONE POUND OF FAT, and I am the happiest pound of FAT that you would ever want to meet!

Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me! After all, I am only ONE POUND OF FAT. Just ONE POUND. Everyone wants to lose 3 or 5 or 15 pounds, but never ONLY one.

So, I just stick around and happily keep you. Then I am free to add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice...

That is, until I have grown to 10, 20 or even 30 pounds in weight...

YES... it is fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT... left to do just as I please.

So, when you weigh in, go ahead... just keep on saying, "Oh I only lost one pound." (As if that is so terrible.) For you see, if you do this, you will encourage others to hang around me because they will think that I am not worth losing.

And I LOVE being around you... your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips, and every other part of you. HAPPY DAYS! After all, I am ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

---author unknown---

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS!!!!
    IM SOOO SORRY BUT I HAVE TO STEAL IT!!!!!
    :happy:
  • nowic
    Options
    yes I agree, I need to put better food in my diet. I struggle with that. Maybe its because I have been eating so bad for so long. But honestly I dont like salads and most veggies. I am told that I will eventually like them if I keep eating them- so I will try. :smile: I will try to eat more meals and stay closer to my calorie range. Thank you all for your help!! I am not new to dieting, but I am new to doing it right - so I really do thank you for your help!!!!:bigsmile:
  • nowic
    Options
    One Pound of Fat

Hello! Do you know me? If you don't, you should.
    I am ONE POUND OF FAT, and I am the happiest pound of FAT that you would ever want to meet!

Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me! After all, I am only ONE POUND OF FAT. Just ONE POUND. Everyone wants to lose 3 or 5 or 15 pounds, but never ONLY one.

So, I just stick around and happily keep you. Then I am free to add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice...

That is, until I have grown to 10, 20 or even 30 pounds in weight...

YES... it is fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT... left to do just as I please.

So, when you weigh in, go ahead... just keep on saying, "Oh I only lost one pound." (As if that is so terrible.) For you see, if you do this, you will encourage others to hang around me because they will think that I am not worth losing.

And I LOVE being around you... your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips, and every other part of you. HAPPY DAYS! After all, I am ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

---author unknown---

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS!!!!
    IM SOOO SORRY BUT I HAVE TO STEAL IT!!!!!
    :happy:

I love this too!! It helps put it in perspective :bigsmile:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    yes I agree, I need to put better food in my diet. I struggle with that. Maybe its because I have been eating so bad for so long. But honestly I dont like salads and most veggies. I am told that I will eventually like them if I keep eating them- so I will try. :smile: I will try to eat more meals and stay closer to my calorie range. Thank you all for your help!! I am not new to dieting, but I am new to doing it right - so I really do thank you for your help!!!!:bigsmile:

You will find, if you start eating healthier, that you enjoy it. There are so many ways to infuse taste into your diet without fat and sodium, you just have to be creative.

I make a great vegetarian chili and I mix in some low fat cheddar and light sour cream when I eat a serving. I love to sautee a mix of veggies and tofu with a healthy oil and garlic and pour it over some goat cheese and whole grain pasta. Super filling and yummy.

As a vegetarian, I think I need to start being better about eating the processed fake meats, but otherwise, I eat a very healthy diet. Lots of whole grains, low fat dairy, fruits and veggies. I have a serious sweet tooth, but I make a fruit smoothie with some Peanut Butter & Co. dark chocolate peanut butter and I don't crave cake and cookies.
  • edorice
    Options
    I wrote this Fast food dear John letter, it's time for you to say good-bye to Micky D's:

Dear Fast Food Restaurant:

I’m leaving you. That right, and believe me when I say this; it’s you and NOT me. I have realized that I don’t need your cr@p anymore to get me through the day. I’ve come face to face with your truth. You’re a loser!!! You only gave me empty calories and a short time thrill. You made me feel horrible about myself and you helped me pack on the pounds.

I can only imagine what my heart suffered from this cheap relationship. Did it get all clogged up? Your convenience wasn’t even worth it. You were just down the street, walking distance, or just a phone call away but you didn’t provide any real solace. You didn’t provide any real companionship, happiness, or self respect. I’ve finally realized how much of a jerk you’ve been all this time. Because of you, I hadn’t been able to walk up stairs without huffing and puffing. Because of you, I had a wardrobe full of clothes that I couldn’t fit. And because of your triflin’ azz I was always tired by three o’clock every day.

So it’s over. I’m done. I’m putting this letter out here to help the next woman that believes in you. You may be everywhere we turn, but we don’t have to fall for your lies anymore. I’ve thrown away the ketchup packets, the magnetic fridge ads, and the flyers in the drawer. You won’t be hearing from me, because I’ve had it with you. I simply don’t have time for you anymore anyway. I have a date with a treadmill this afternoon. You see, I love myself too much to allow you to destroy my life any longer. I have to be here for my kids (whether they like it or not). And they need to learn from my example.

Good Riddance!!!
  • nowic
    Options
    I wrote this Fast food dear John letter, it's time for you to say good-bye to Micky D's:

Dear Fast Food Restaurant:

I’m leaving you. That right, and believe me when I say this; it’s you and NOT me. I have realized that I don’t need your cr@p anymore to get me through the day. I’ve come face to face with your truth. You’re a loser!!! You only gave me empty calories and a short time thrill. You made me feel horrible about myself and you helped me pack on the pounds.

I can only imagine what my heart suffered from this cheap relationship. Did it get all clogged up? Your convenience wasn’t even worth it. You were just down the street, walking distance, or just a phone call away but you didn’t provide any real solace. You didn’t provide any real companionship, happiness, or self respect. I’ve finally realized how much of a jerk you’ve been all this time. Because of you, I hadn’t been able to walk up stairs without huffing and puffing. Because of you, I had a wardrobe full of clothes that I couldn’t fit. And because of your triflin’ azz I was always tired by three o’clock every day.

So it’s over. I’m done. I’m putting this letter out here to help the next woman that believes in you. You may be everywhere we turn, but we don’t have to fall for your lies anymore. I’ve thrown away the ketchup packets, the magnetic fridge ads, and the flyers in the drawer. You won’t be hearing from me, because I’ve had it with you. I simply don’t have time for you anymore anyway. I have a date with a treadmill this afternoon. You see, I love myself too much to allow you to destroy my life any longer. I have to be here for my kids (whether they like it or not). And they need to learn from my example.

Good Riddance!!!

Thankyou for sharing this and your other post as well! It is painfully true :wink:
  • christina1109
    Options

Mollydolly has it right. This site gives you a safe deficit of calories to lose weight. By not eating the amount of calories you are slowing your metabolism down. From what I saw of your food diary the foods you are choosing to eat are mostly processed foods that have LOADS of sodium in them. As for your water intake, KarenBorter put a way to determine how much water you really should be drinking on her page. Take your weight divide by 2, then divide that number by 8 to get how many glasses of water you should be drinking.
  • nowic
    Options
    I truely do appreciate all your advice- so I have a question for all of you:: I know i SHOULD eat healthier foods and Im trying, but if I eat the same sorts of food that I did in the past and just less of it- shouldnt I still lose the weight??
  • edorice
    Options
    Not necessarily. Our bodies process foods differently.
    The sugar in white bread is going to be broken down faster than whole wheat bread. It's best to eat whole wheat.
    1500 calories of a balanced diet of proteins, fats, and carbs is going to be processed differently than 1500 calories of trick-or-treat candy.
    Our bodies respond differently to vegetables. Our blood sugar is raised faster when eating corn and peas as opposed to leafy vegetables.
    So, no eating less isn't always the answer.

Start fueling your body like a 7 series BMW instead of a Dodge Neon.
  • nowic
    Options
    thanks!!