Can someone look at my macros?

Options
This week I'm really focusing on trying to get my diet/exercise put in as accurately as possible. So, I read a post about macros, followed some links and did some calculations and adjusted my macros accordingly (I think) with a focus of about 30% macros. I'm wanting to lose weight without sacrificing muscle. I'm looking to tone, not bulk though, so I figured 30% protein was a good number. I'm trying to lower my carbs too. I had a spectacular breakfast this morning and a protein bar for lunch. I'm drinking a boat load of water and hoping to model the rest of this week after today's diet. I'm also trying to only eat back half of my exercise calories since I'm sure they're over inflated (although I am trying to make those more accurate too, but I know without a HRM, that's nearly impossible). Any suggestions?

Oh, I'm 5'6", 34 (female), 166 lbs and although I've lost about an average of 2" since starting (about a month ago), I've only lost 2 lbs. Maybe that's because I'm building muscle though?

Replies

• BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Without being able to view your food log, I would say, just based on the information you gave, that your protein requirements should average about 120 grams of lean protein a day. However, not all at once - space it out during the day. Water - you should be drinking 83 ounces a day on non exercise days. More (additional 16 ounces per hour of excercise) on exercise days.

I shoot for 30% protein, 20% fats and 50 carbs (based on ~2000 cal. per day).