HCG Diet

Options
13»

Replies

• fivefatcats
    Options
    Well said Lucky.

Although I appreciate the point, I, of course, would not compare HCG to methamphetamine.

I have yet to be convinced of the dangers of HCG - but that, of course, is why I am still using it.

Momtomalia makes a good point too: learning and living healthy eating and exercise habits are vital to the long term success of ANY program, HCG included.
  • kmmschaefer
    kmmschaefer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    From Discovery Health.Com..."These diets gain quickly in popularity. The media faithfully reports the appearance of the new fad, the rising number of people adopting the diet and testimonials of success from satisfied, slimmed-down believers. But soon enough, there are reports of the dangers involved with unusual weight-loss schemes that often involve cutting out much-needed food groups, or eating only a certain food or food group. Then, follow-up stories trickle from unsatisfied customers, or from former believers who have since gained the weight back. More or less, by the time this cycle runs its course, it begins again with a new diet fad." http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/diet-fitness/weight-loss/hcg-diet.htm

To me this sounds like a fad diet that does not help you adopt new life style choices that include counting calories and adding exercise. Fad diets usually are Yoyo diets... the weight comes back unless you find that balance in you life that equals calories in = calories burned.

I also have issues with injecting hormones. As a healthcare worker, I have often wondered where all the breast cancer comes from in our young women today. I have heard many suggestions from healthcare professionals that include pesticides in spinach and strawberries to hormones in birth control pills. My own personal feelings are that until the HCG diet has a 5 year track record that addresses risks, it should be avoided.

I know a lot of people swear by it. "It works" they say and a pound a day sounds wonderful but I think I'll stick to the way our bodies were designed and continue exercising and watching what I eat. As the old commercial from the 60's or 70's said, "It's not nice to fool mother nature."

Try 50 year track record thats how long this diet has been around