heart rate monitor suggestions

Options
2»

Replies

• kbyebea
    kbyebea Posts: 30
    Options
    I have the Polar ft4 and loving the simplicity. But I don't think you can go wrong with anything from Polar and they're well worth your investment :)
  • shaybuggie
    shaybuggie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with my Polar FT4!
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    POLAR FT4

It's really easy to use and I have not had any problems.
  • shrinkingshreya
    shrinkingshreya Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Like others said I've had my Polar FT4 for more than 2 years and haven't had to replace the batteries yet either. I use it 5 days a week, I like using it because I get accurate calories burned and also make sure I'm staying in target heart rate. It's motivating for me to see accurate calories burned also-- so I know when I need to push it harder.
  • lcknyc11
    lcknyc11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT40. It tells you percentage of calories burned that are coming from fat, which I think is just cool to know. I see a big difference in percentages when I'm lifting vs. doing cardio.
  • MissBounceUK
    MissBounceUK Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Polar here - don't do a workout without it!
  • cheyeanna29
    cheyeanna29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a FT 7 I love it
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I use mine for an accurate calorie burn. I have the Polar FT7 and love it. The chest strap is adjustable and doesn't move on you. It has a lot of functions but I haven't learned how to use them yet (it was a recent birthday gift). It's easy to use and waterproof. Hope you find what you're looking for :)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar 4FT for $60 on Amazon and I am so excited!! I teach Zumba 3 days a week and go to classes 2 times plus take yoga. I am excited for it to come in the mail so I can see how many calories I burn. As an instructor, it's very important I know my Max and Min HR because if I am getting over worked, so are my students. I need to be aware of their bodies and mine.
  • zenhiker2014
    zenhiker2014 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have a Mio Alpha. Have only had it for about a month but so far it's been great. Comfortable to wear and syncs with MapMyFitness. I compared the data I get from it to my old Garmin and it seems quite accurate. I prefer it because it doesn't involve a chest strap.
  • meganll026
    Options
    I have been in the market for a heart rate monitor recently. I did tons of research first and I found out that the best HRM's are the polar ones. The FT4 and FT7 had great reviews. I also read that in order to get the most accurate results it is best to use a chest strap. So, last night I ordered the FT4 that comes with a chest strap (transmitter). This also calculates calories burned which is my real reason for buying one.
    I will try to post again once I get it and use it.
    Good luck!
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I use a garmin but only when I'm cycling.