Too late to turn back

Options
Well - here I am. Day (3) of my journey. This is going to work. It WILL work. I never ralized that I was gaining weight at such a quick pace until my 23 year old son said to me "Mom, I'm worried about you and your weight". This is coming from someone that I didn't think worried about anything. Then I started looking at photgraphs...and my clothes. I have gained 70 + pounds since 2002. So - here we go. Good Luck to all those that have just started!
Next step - EXERCISE - (that's going to be a tough one).
Love to all. :ohwell:

Replies

• bmoliv66
    bmoliv66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Take it one day at a time and never look back
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    You're off to a great start. Remember, it's a journey every day. Never forget to celebrate the small victories!
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    You are doing it! Together we CAN reach our goals.
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You have so found the right place to reach your goals!! The tools here are great, and the people are AMAZING!!!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    It gets easier and then it becomes a habit. You can do it! Good luck!!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    MFP is a wonderful tool, good luck with your weight loss.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Treat this journey as a long, slow battle march. Some days, there will obstacles and events that prevent you from moving forward. But if you endeavor to make some progress every day, even if it's "inches" in the grand scheme, it's a move ahead and not backward.
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    My goal is also to lose 60 to 70 pounds. So far I have lost 30. I joined MFP after losing the first 20. I was trying to watch what I ate but MFP is a much more scientific approach.

You mentioned exercise.... That has been a big plus for me. Without the exercise, the dieting would be grueling. Exercising allows me to enjoy more of the things I like to eat. It also has benefited me in getting back into shape. At the beginning of the summer I felt like a blob of Jello. Today I feel a lot more energetic and self-assured. I have been working out in my garage for about 4 months now and I look forward to it. I do cardio on an elliptical and strength training on a TotalGym. My wife has noticed a dramatic change in my physique.

A friend told me to give the exercise priority in my life. She is right. It's easy to skip it one day, then two, then a week, etc. When I reach my goal weight, I may cut back a bit or not. I am enjoying the results of my exercise too much right now to give that too much thought. I hope you find exercising to be just as rewarding to you.
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    good luck to you you'll be suprise how much energy exercising gives you and eating well of course. You can do this

Franzy
  • stnelson09
    Options
    I fell off the wagon:embarassed: ....lost 7 lbs.....not sure what happened, but will have to do better. Must get back to the Y as well.
  • DaltonsMom
    Options
    Good luck, you are on the right track. I just started this week & have to remember baby steps. I haven't exercised in years and have let my eating habits get out of control. I want to do this for myself but also for my 15 yr old son.

Take care & keep up the good work! :bigsmile: