Ortho-rexia

Options
I just read an article on T-Nation written by TC, one of their regular contributors, and her article made me stop and think. She talked about the historical context of how we diet as a nation, and how most of the beliefs for the craze at that time are unfounded and completely debunked 20 years later.

I wonder what will be uncovered by a study 5 years from now about the fear of processed foods?

The neatest part was when she went back to the 80's, where fitness people on a cruise actually dipped their chicken breasts in water glasses to remove the fatty sauce the chef had put on the outside.

http://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/eating-clean-vs-orthorexia

I wonder how many people are now reading the new packaging companies are coming out with, everywhere I look now I see the protein content per serving on the front of the package with an exclamation point now... -_-

Replies

• WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I just read an article on T-Nation written by TC, one of their regular contributors, and her article made me stop and think. She talked about the historical context of how we diet as a nation, and how most of the beliefs for the craze at that time are unfounded and completely debunked 20 years later.

I wonder what will be uncovered by a study 5 years from now about the fear of processed foods?

The neatest part was when she went back to the 80's, where fitness people on a cruise actually dipped their chicken breasts in water glasses to remove the fatty sauce the chef had put on the outside.

I wonder how many people are now reading the new packaging companies are coming out with, everywhere I look now I see the protein content per serving on the front of the package with an exclamation point now... -_-

Uh... I don't think TC is female...

:)
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options

lol. reading labels is bad now? reading labels =/= orthorexia.

yall are funny.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

lol. reading labels is bad now? reading labels =/= orthorexia.

yall are funny.
    Exactly. Reading labels doesn't mean you're orthorexic, nor does trying to limit heavily processed convenience foods.