I am so confused

I just completed the MS150 yesterday (it is a bike ride from Houston to Austin) and I ate about the same if not less than what I usually eat and I STILL GAINED WEIGHT!! What's up with that?

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    you're muscle is repairing itself, so it's retaining water.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Water weight from the bike ride.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Weight loss is not 'next day' results.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I gained 5 lbs since my weigh-in before the MS150 ride. No worries, it will even out soon.

(I ate tons more than I usually do, couldn't have made it 150 miles on my usual 1400ish calories!)
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 683 Member
    when doing intense exercise like that its great but is a huge impact on muscle so it retains water to repair itself hence weight gain I would rest for a day or 2 then continue with what you usually do in a few days the scales should dip but I wouldn't focus on scales all they tell you is what the object on top of them weighs doesn't say body fat% or how much is muscle etc and well dopne on the amazing exercise
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    If you want any muscle benefit from that workout while it's trying to repair - for goodness sake get some more food into you.

That's just foolishness to not eat correctly for your level of exercise.

While one big event isn't going to hurt you, you certainly aren't going to get much if any benefit from it.

But if you did it for this big event, I'm sure hoping you don't do it for regular exercise.