End of day and need calories??

Options
Hey there! Question for anyone that can help. So yesterday I was so busy running around and such. I didn't get all my calories in. I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner but skipped any snacks. So anyways...about 10:00 last night I realized I only had like 800 calories for the day. I wanted to eat something healthy but didn't want to make a meal. So I ended up eating an avocado with some bake Tostitos and a Skinny Cow ice cream bar. Could have been worse....but could have been better I am sure.

I could have ate an apple or something but that would have been only like 90 calories. I was thinking I needed MORE...but I wasn't really hungry..hence the avocado (higher calorie)

So what do you do? Do you find something to eat? Skip it all together??

Thanks!!!

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I mostly care about protein and calories. If I have enough protein, I often eat cookies, ice cream, or fruit. If I need protein, I eat greek yogurt and/or protein shake.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Me, unless I was hungry at that point, I'd skip it and make up the difference the next day. And there's nothing wrong with what you ate. How is an apple better than an avocado? Apples are mostly sugar. Avocados have great healthy fats and more Vitamin C and fiber than an apple. :wink:
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    If I have a "good day" where my cravings dont overwhelming me and I exercised/ burned I dont force myself to eat I would either also eat some snacky stuff like you did or just "bank it" and figure it can balance out another day in the week or perhaps get an extra little loss for the week.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I will do peanut butter, fat free Greek yogurt or other high protein foods. Sometimes, I splurge on popcorn with real butter if I have enough calories and fats left at the end of the day.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I mostly care about protein and calories. If I have enough protein, I often eat cookies, ice cream, or fruit. If I need protein, I eat greek yogurt and/or protein shake.

This for me...except it's chocolate or toaster strudle with ice cream or chester cheese popcorn...if I need protien greek yogurt or cheese.
  • zeussmith718
    zeussmith718 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I screw up so often that I count the low days as a blessing... then again I also have a container of whey protein and just make myself a shake to get my protein up to where it should be.
  • HaraldurB
    HaraldurB Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    What about having some nuts? It doesn´t take much of them to get the calories up.
  • EP55346
    EP55346 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas!! It doesn't happen to often...but last night I was was stumped.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I was hungry last night (higher cardio day) and had a large banana w/ 2T of peanut butter and a glass of milk. Quick 400 calories, and soooooo delicious!
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    When I have that many calories left, my first thought is 'omg, I could have like 6 ice cream sandwiches!'

I normally don't give in, but the thought crosses my mind.