Am I eating enough?

Options
CassieR6
CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
Ok, so I have a question I have used this site before this (got rid of the old account) and never did the whole eat back your exercise calories, because to me that would be great if I were trying to sustain my weight but not if I am trying to loose it. But I am noticing since I started working out again since last week I never really eat back the calories (except Friday I did) and I am still not even at my original goal if I were not working out. Is that bad? Am I eating too little?? Thank you!

Replies

• cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I want to hear what people say about this, too. I've been struggling eating all of my calories without feeling guilty/counterproductive but I'm conflicted. Part of me knows I need to to fuel my body and muscles and part of me is just terrified to do it.

I want to imagine many people go by the rule to eat back 50% of your exercise calories to give yourself a cushion for any inaccuracies in calorie burn counts.

Hopefully you get some good answers :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Well your diary is locked and you don't say how much you're eating so you may or may not be eating enough. Net at least 1200 and be sure you're accurately logging both your food and your exercise calories. And then judge from there based on the goals provided by MFP.
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Well your diary is locked and you don't say how much you're eating so you may or may not be eating enough. Net at least 1200 and be sure you're accurately logging both your food and your exercise calories. And then judge from there based on the goals provided by MFP.

Ok, it should be open for everyone to see now. Sorry about that.