Looking for 1200 calorie eaters

Options
Anyone with open diaries who have or net around 1200 calories daily please add me ????

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    wow 1200 calories that's not a lot of food.

You can look at my diary if you want I am at 1700 and losing great...just in case you need ideas...

If you are going to do the 1200 tho be sure you eat back your exercise calories and net 1200 min.

And remember you can eat more and still lose weight...1200 is the minimum that MFP will give you if you have set to high a weekly weight loss goal...you only have 7lbs to lose and at 1/2lb a week you would find you have lots of calories...might help you stay the course more than restricting yourself a whole lot...

Just a thought.
  • scrague
    scrague Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im a 1200 calorie eater. I'm always looking for ideas on how to stretch my 1200 calories, it sure seems they add up fast. I have been doing 1200 since the last week in February and I have lost almost every week. You can add me as a friend if you would like.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am eating at 1378 right now which is maintenance for me, but I leave room for my daily bowl of ice cream. If you leave that off, I'd be around 1200.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    wow 1200 calories that's not a lot of food.

You can look at my diary if you want I am at 1700 and losing great...just in case you need ideas...

If you are going to do the 1200 tho be sure you eat back your exercise calories and net 1200 min.

And remember you can eat more and still lose weight...1200 is the minimum that MFP will give you if you have set to high a weekly weight loss goal...you only have 7lbs to lose and at 1/2lb a week you would find you have lots of calories...might help you stay the course more than restricting yourself a whole lot...

Just a thought.

It sounds like you are assuming that the OP has similar calorie needs to yours, but she might be very small and losing weight slowing and consistently on her 1200 calorie plan. It sounds like she just wants more friends with open diaries for ideas and inspiration.

@nomorebingesgirl: I'm always inspired by your consistency in working out and eating a healthy variety of foods. ????????
  • sleepawaycamp
    Options
    I started eating 1200 a day a week ago. My diary is public
  • lcknyc11
    lcknyc11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1,200 calorie goal here. On week 2 here. Exercising and eating back my calories. My diary is visible to friends.
  • kimmerd37
    kimmerd37 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am a 1200 calorie eater and have an open diary. Feel free to add me anyone.
  • wendywendylee
    Options
    feel free to add me.....I am at 1200 as well.....
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Just started here and am eating 1,200. I'll open my diary....all one day of it! ;)

I can eat plenty of volume on that amount of calories. Good thing I love my fruit and vegetables!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    head+shake+idiot.gif
  • ddino
    ddino Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a 1200 calorie eater, have been for about 3 months. Feel free to add me. :)
  • 12tulip12
    Options
    I am 1200, well should be! Feel free to add me!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    If your maintenance calories are 1800, then you do not need to reduce your total intake to 1200 just to lose a few lbs. That's more than double the suggested deficit for the amount of body fat you currently have to lose.
  • auntleenie14
    auntleenie14 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I started at 1200 calories and have lost a bunch of weight. I've upped my calories to where I should only lose 1/2 lb a week since I'm almost ready for maintenance.

Those who put down 1200 calorie eaters - I cut back that far on the advice and under the supervision of a doctor and certified dietitian. I made sure to cut out the junk so my 1200 calories all had impact. I'm now 57 yrs old, 5'4" and 140 lbs, started at 55 yr old, and 234 lbs. My age makes my calorie needs less. So I won't be much more that 1400 at maintenance. But I do eat back the majority of my exercise burn.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I was eating 1200 but ended up losing 3 pounds per week doing that so I increased to 1400 calories recently. My diary is open if you want to add me.
  • wicksteve
    wicksteve Posts: 19
    Options
    I have Diabetes, Type 2, no medication (NOT Pre-Diabetes); doing my plan with a Diabetic Dietitian, A counselor and an Endocrinologist....they gave me 1200 calorie diet but sometimes I can't even make the 1200. Usually under. I have lost 37 pounds since Oct. 2013; less than 6 months. Go to my profile and see the loss. Look at my pic here on this post, a beautiful figure for a 67 yr. old woman. :blushing: I have open Diary you can view and working on a carb plan (rather than calories) but calories are shown and all under or just at 1200 calories....:wink: My diary is fruit, veggies, meat and good, healthy food with snacks Six meals a day. Add me....Wick:drinker:
  • One2Run
    One2Run Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Netting 1200 ish here too, open diary. In the beginning, I didn't know about eating back exercise cals. Now, I'm eating way more, treats fairly regularly, but I stay within a decent range. I have a very (very) sedentary desk job, but run and do other exercise a lot to be able to eat more. I'm middle aged, so slower metabolism. I'm a carb junkie, so take that with a grain of salt if you see my diary.

My SW was 132, current is 111-112.

My maintenance is around 1400 -1450 ish. I'd very likely gain on 1700. I'm pretty much at maintenance now even though my ticker says more. After I finish T25 in a couple of weeks, I'm going to focus on a recomp. Reading NROL4W now.

Just remember that everyone is different, and calculate what works for you. Good luck.
  • One2Run
    One2Run Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ^^ Low post counts doesn't necessarily mean that we haven't researched. We could just be quiet and learning. I personally have been around for 1.5 years while losing my 20ish lbs.

Most of my success is due to the info gained on the forum.