HRM and Calories Burned....

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
my new Polar FT7 HRM is here...now what LOL????
i set it up with all my information and it is capturing my heart rate and i just "ran" around my office LOL to see if i could get it to UP and it did...now how do i turn this bit of info into calories burned LOL????
i'm going for a c25k run tonight after work and would like to use it to see if i can achieve what i thought i was with calories burned in the past....
help please :)

Replies

• IRun24
    IRun24 Posts: 30
    Options
    The watch should output calories burned. Doublecheck your user manual for more info. The equations that the HRM manufacturers use are proprietary and are not public info.

I LOVE using my HRM. It's nice seeing 600+ calories burned during a run and KNOW that it is pretty much spot on. You'll get addicted to it, too, I'm sure!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Hit the button to scroll through the menus and it will tell you how many calories you burned, also will show heart rate, workout time etc.
    I have a FT7 and I love it.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    are they expensive? I would love something like that but i cked out the body bug and it is way too expensive for me
  • cuddlegrl
    cuddlegrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hit the button to scroll through the menus and it will tell you how many calories you burned, also will show heart rate, workout time etc.

Yup! I have the FT7 and there are 3 buttons on the right side of the watch. If you hit the top or bottom youll be able to scroll through to see your HR, cals burned, workout duration and suggested HR range for fat loss. If you bought it new it should have come with an instruction manual (or if the previous owner kept it). Its appears thick buts its not really. Its only a few pages of instructions in english. The rest of it is the same thing in every other language you can think of. The manual will have picture illustrations too.

I love mine as well! I loved staying at the gym and working out until I had burned over 1000 calories:happy: ! It is addicting :happy:
  • cuddlegrl
    Options
    are they expensive? I would love something like that but i cked out the body bug and it is way too expensive for me

The price ranges. I did a search on HRM monitors in forums and the general agreement was to stick with the polar brand. So I hopped onto Ebay and picked one up brand new for $65 and free shipping. It's been WELL worth it for me!

I have the polar FT7.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

Ft7 is around $90-100 bucks a lot cheaper than body bug
  • cuddlegrl
    Options
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Polar-FT7-Womens-Heart-Rate-Monitor-/190452917663?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c57e0e59f

The current bid is $5 with over a day left on bidding. Expect the price to jump to over $50 in the next day though.

OR

http://cgi.ebay.com/Polar-FT7-Womens-Black-Gold-Fitness-Heart-Rate-Monitor-/250706656814?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5f47fe2e

That one is a buy it now fixed price of $74.74 with free shipping. They have 8 remaining. If you are looking to buy now I would bid on the first but no more then the cost of the second. If you get it for less great. If not buy the one for 74 and you know that is the max you'll end up paying. :smile:

Good luck!
  • bluiz13
    Options

didnt find that button until after i asked this question lol...
    i'm good...went for a 1 mile walk on the beach using my new HRM and was pleasantly surprised that i was estimating pretty closely for that particular exercise...we'll see how my c25k run goes tonight using it....

thanks for the tips...i do appreciate your help...
  • bluiz13
    Options

Yup! I have the FT7 and there are 3 buttons on the right side of the watch. If you hit the top or bottom youll be able to scroll through to see your HR, cals burned, workout duration and suggested HR range for fat loss. If you bought it new it should have come with an instruction manual (or if the previous owner kept it). Its appears thick buts its not really. Its only a few pages of instructions in english. The rest of it is the same thing in every other language you can think of. The manual will have picture illustrations too.

it's funny cause i used to book to do my setup and then i was looking for the info on how to read the different things and all i found was the setup info in a million other languages LOL but i figured it out by pushing the buttons...
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info