Juicing Advice?

Options
I was planning on doing a quick 3-day juicing fast from today until Wednesday, but, of course, I'm feeling incredibly hungry.

I was wondering if anyone could take a look at my diary for today (and the past week, if you'd like) and let me know if I'm doing this right. Today, so far, I have only had "breakfast" and "lunch" - I added in the "snack" and "dinner" juices to see where my calorie totals would be. It's about what I expected, but I'm really questioning myself becauuse I want to eat!

I was thinking of maybe doing 4 days of one meal + 3 juices instead of 3 days of 4 juices only. Thoughts? Do you think this would be a good idea? Does it defeat the purpose? If I must continue with the juice alone in order to feel and see the results of this fast, I will do so!

Thanks for any input!

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Why?

Rigger
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    My juicing advice? Don't.

You are a hungry for a reason. Human bodies need food. The solution is to eat.
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I was planning on doing a quick 3-day juicing fast from today until Wednesday, but, of course, I'm feeling incredibly hungry.

I was wondering if anyone could take a look at my diary for today (and the past week, if you'd like) and let me know if I'm doing this right. Today, so far, I have only had "breakfast" and "lunch" - I added in the "snack" and "dinner" juices to see where my calorie totals would be. It's about what I expected, but I'm really questioning myself becauuse I want to eat!

I was thinking of maybe doing 4 days of one meal + 3 juices instead of 3 days of 4 juices only. Thoughts? Do you think this would be a good idea? Does it defeat the purpose? If I must continue with the juice alone in order to feel and see the results of this fast, I will do so!

Thanks for any input!

Hang in there. I'm right with you. All sorts of hungry :P
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    are your kidneys not working properly?
  • cwsreddy
    Options

Thanks for any input!

Oh, and most of these fasts suggest about 6 juices, which is what I'm doing. Spacing them out every two hours or so, so every time I start getting the real hunger pangs I juice it up and I'm good.

And before y'all freak some more - I'm doing it as an experiment to see if it has any effect on my excess mucosal production in my throat/on my vocal cords.
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    OK, here goes just to summarise what this thread will become in about 2 pages based on every other juice thread ever.

OP - I want to do a juice fast/detox yada yada yada
    Why? Just eat the food
    Coz I need to detox
    Your body detoxes naturally
    What toxins will be removed by a juice detox
    All the sugars
    There is no such thing a detox
    Sugar isn't the debil
    But I watched the Joe Cross documentary and now I have to juice
    That wasn't a documentary it was an commercial to sell his brand of juicer and didn't really happen
    I tried juicing and lost 370 pounds in a week and feel great
    No it wasn't the juice that made you lose all that weight it was eating at a deficit
    Eat whatever you want as long as it fits your macros
    Insert dancing cake GIF
    But a calorie is just a calorie
    No it isn't
    Yes it is
    No it isn't
    Insert facepalm GIF
    Something about aliens
    Something about dairy
    Something about zombies

The end.
    [/frustrated sarcasm]

OP, please do a search and read the 37 juice threads from last week you will probably find your answer in there somewhere :smile:
  • cwsreddy
    Options
    OK, here goes just to summarise what this thread will become in about 2 pages based on every other juice thread ever.

Why? Just eat the food
    Coz I need to detox
    All the sugars
    Sugar isn't the debil
    That wasn't a documentary it was an commercial to sell his brand of juicer and didn't really happen
    No it wasn't the juice that made you lose all that weight it was eating at a deficit
    Insert dancing cake GIF
    No it isn't
    Yes it is
    No it isn't
    Insert facepalm GIF
    Something about aliens
    Something about dairy
    Something about zombies

The end.
    [/frustrated sarcasm]

OP, please do a search and read the 37 juice threads from last week you will probably find your answer in there somewhere :smile:

tbh she probably won't find her answer in any of them.
  • Dorothyslancaster
    Dorothyslancaster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I tried it for 3 days.. by the end of the 2nd day I was certainly cleansed! and had had enough! I ate a salad and felt much better.
    Alot of people realy like the juice only. I prefer the juice and healthy meals. although lately I haven't been eating all that healthy. I need to get back to eating more veggies and juicing. Supposedly, you are not suppose to be hungry when you are juicing. I wasn't really hungry. I just didn't want to keep cleansing! lol you might want to increase the amount of juice you are drinking. I say eat and juice!!
  • Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options

Why? Just eat the food
    Coz I need to detox
    All the sugars
    Sugar isn't the debil
    Insert dancing cake GIF
    No it isn't
    Yes it is
    No it isn't
    Insert facepalm GIF
    Something about aliens
    Something about dairy
    Something about zombies

The end.
    [/frustrated sarcasm]

^^^^^This^^^^^
  • sarahdiedrich
    sarahdiedrich Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice!
  • sarahdiedrich
    Options
    I tried it for 3 days.. by the end of the 2nd day I was certainly cleansed! and had had enough! I ate a salad and felt much better.
    Alot of people realy like the juice only. I prefer the juice and healthy meals. although lately I haven't been eating all that healthy. I need to get back to eating more veggies and juicing. Supposedly, you are not suppose to be hungry when you are juicing. I wasn't really hungry. I just didn't want to keep cleansing! lol you might want to increase the amount of juice you are drinking. I say eat and juice!!

Meant to quote you - thank you so much for the advice! I think I'll finish out today and add in meals for tomorrow :)
  • sarahdiedrich
    Options
    Oh, and most of these fasts suggest about 6 juices, which is what I'm doing. Spacing them out every two hours or so, so every time I start getting the real hunger pangs I juice it up and I'm good.

And before y'all freak some more - I'm doing it as an experiment to see if it has any effect on my excess mucosal production in my throat/on my vocal cords.

Thanks for the input! I'm happy to know I'm not the only one - I expected the criticism I received on this post. That's okay, though, I'm sure everyone knows what they're talking about! I think I'll finish out today since I'm almost to the end of it anyway and then add in a meal or two tomorrow :)

Everyone else - Does juicing have no benefit, in your opinions? Even if I combine it with meals? Or am I really just wasting time, money?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Thanks for the input! I'm happy to know I'm not the only one - I expected the criticism I received on this post. That's okay, though, I'm sure everyone knows what they're talking about! I think I'll finish out today since I'm almost to the end of it anyway and then add in a meal or two tomorrow :)

Everyone else - Does juicing have no benefit, in your opinions? Even if I combine it with meals? Or am I really just wasting time, money?

waste of time and money IMHO …

why not just eat the foods you like and maintain a moderate calorie deficit? You cannot jumpstart your metabolism or cleanse your body of toxins...
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Thanks for any input!

Look into Silent Reflux. If you have it, juicing might make it worse (all that acidity).

http://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/guide/laryngopharyngeal-reflux-silent-reflux
  • cwsreddy
    Options

Thanks for any input!

Look into Silent Reflux. If you have it, juicing might make it worse (all that acidity).

http://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/guide/laryngopharyngeal-reflux-silent-reflux

lol. I've been dealing with this for two and a half years. LPR doesn't exist. I can rant for hours on this subject.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Does juicing have no benefit, in your opinions? Even if I combine it with meals? Or am I really just wasting time, money?

If you find it difficult to eat fruit and vegetables in their normal state then, yes, juicing is probably a good idea to get micronutrients. But only in addition to your normal diet though. You might also like the taste of juice which is another good reason to drink them.

HOWEVER (and this is the important bit), there are no magic health or weight loss benefits to juice that are not found in un-juiced fruit and vegetables. In fact all you're doing is removing the fibre. Fibre is great so I'm not sure why you would want to remove it.