does anyone else do this...

godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
...use a fast food or boxed database entry even when they make it homemade? i do it because i am too lazy to make a new entry in the database. lol. plus, i just need an estimate, not an exact number.

for example, i made blueberry muffins from scratch this morning but i am going to enter it as a 'betty crocker' or 'entemann's little bites' because i know the calories are similar to what i made.
another example is i am making turkey, bacon and gouda cheese in a crusty bagette tonight and am going to enter it as a sandwich from 'panera bread' becasue i know it will be close.

or am i the only one? :)

Replies

• gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    busted.

*blush*

I've done it also
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    I try not to--but only because I know that my version has less calories! :smile: I usually just break down every ingredient--gives me something to do at work besides work.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    I've done it to... The only recipes i listed were my fries and rice dishes,
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    yep, same here. figure if I'm too lazy, at least its close. or over, which is OK too.
  • :laugh: Im guilty!!!
  • rebel14
    rebel14 Posts: 33
    Yes, Ive done it too. I must confess though, when I did alittle research in regards to this, I found a considerable difference in calories. But as you said, it was done out of convienence. So I lean more towards homemade because I use far less sodium, fat, and sugar.
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    **busted**..My homemade chili is simimlar to Wendy's chili so its easier...
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    only for things that i order for the mom & pop restaurants that i do not have the nutrition facts for. if i make something homemade, i know it will have a lot less calories than something store or restaurant bought because of my cooking methods and ingredients i use.
  • I am guilty :blushing:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    *Raised hand*

I do it all of the time we have a caffeteria at work and if I grab something from there I usually go with what every is closest.
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    No. I don't do that, but at least you're erring on the side of caution because you KNOW that the stuff in those places is going to be loaded with crap you don't even own.
This discussion has been closed.