Lost my way now I'm back?! HELLLLPP

Options
Hey guys, So basically I was near my goal weight of 120 (I was 124) but started slacking and now a few months later of a bad diet I'm back at 135. I decided to give counting calories another go because it did help me keep on track, even though many persuaded me not to because of its addictive/obsessive component that it could have. I'm not so convinced on counting calories again and I seriously need help starting over. I want to lose these 10 pounds before an even next month May 22 but I don't think it would be possible in a healthy manner. I'm 5'4 btw and AM IN SERIOUS NEED OF MOTIVATION/im scared counting calories might not work but I didnt track the past few months and regained. HELP?!?!!?!?!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! A healthy loss at your size is .5 lb. per week. Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Weigh your food.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    read the motivation threads - they help me! And also I get totally excited thinking about the pleasure of meeting my goal is greater than the pleasure of eating x.
  • Allisonj14
    Options
    Do you think that counting calories is fine though? Because many of my friends dont think it works, but it does help me stay on track. Im just torn because people claim its bad but I honestly am so desperate at this point and this does help me..
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    It worked for me, but everybody's different. It will take trial & error to find what works for you.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It has worked for 80% of the people here…..