do you get hungry!?

Options
2»

Replies

• taisanica
    Options
    Eat enough proteins (drink one ON Hydro Whey portion a day near meal) and avoid bread and similar products (avoid anything within Glutamat inside!)
    I lost over 15kg in 4months within help of last! Course exercised as well and other facts as well, but this was the biggest step forward I made because of hunger was gone within following these two rules.
  • princessnarmor
    princessnarmor Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    One more thing, They say if you are calorie limited that you should chew more slowly. Don't just gulp down your food. I think Weight Wishers says to actually put your fork down between bites.

Ive done that. And I quit doing that because it just seemed like I was sacrificing so much to be lean.

I started it again because I am on a 1200 calorie diet. I have knee issues so I'm not exercising on a regular basis as yet.
  • lauranordersvu
    Options
    I've tried putting my fork down between bites, it doesn't make a difference for me, I can eat and eat and eat no matter what. I'm a bottomless pit, but since hitting about 22 the weight actually stays on :(
  • princessnarmor
    Options
    I won't lie. It is tough. I have to get myself into the right mindset or I can easily put away 4-5k calories per day.

One thing that helps me is to satisfy my cravings early on before they snowball into a ravenous urge. Earlier today I craved chocolate. If I ignored it, then this evening, when I am at my weakest, I would have went and binged. But instead, I found a gas station and bought a pack of Rolos and ate five of them. It satisfied the craving and I am within my calorie goal.

I'm totally different than this. I wanna be like you when I grow up!!!! I'm allergic to sugar but I craaaavve it. If I eat one, I'm like a heroine addict. I have to have more.
  • princessnarmor
    Options
    I've tried putting my fork down between bites, it doesn't make a difference for me, I can eat and eat and eat no matter what. I'm a bottomless pit, but since hitting about 22 the weight actually stays on :(
    End of quote

This is what I posted. What happened!!!

At this point I'm still hungry too but its getting better as I go. I notice that its taking less all the time to satisfy me.

Try eating smaller more often. It really does work as long as you keep those 6 to 7 meals small enough.

My main goal at this point is to make sure I get my 6 to 7 ounces of chicken or steak over 2 or 3 meals each day and then I usually snack on other high protein low carb items like greek yogurt or cottage cheese. And I like that cauliflower pizza idea!!!
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is I have a HUGE appetite, I could eat three servings at dinner if I allowed myself to and have a snack an hour later. I get hungry a lot and eat a lot, I honestly eat similar portion sizes to my boyfriend, if not more. Considering the amount I eat I am not really that over weight at all.

How did you all combat this when you first started using the MFP system and having to obey calorie limits?

I have tried so hard to eat within my calorie limits in the past and just felt so hungry. Any advice would be appreciated! :)

Eat a meal with me and you'll learn what a true appetite is. I legitimately can eat anything put in front of me in any quantity Eating less more often doesn't work. Eating more veggies (bleh) just makes me miserable. Fortunately I play a lot of basketball and workout as much as I can. I like to think of myself like The Hulk. "That's my secret, I'm always hungry." So really, you just have to tell yourself no and stick to it.
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Maybe look into getting some protein powder or upping your calorie intake? MFP wants me to eat 1200 calories but I nearly starve at that amount unless I have a protein shake during the day or unless I up my calories to 1300.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Something that helps me when it comes to hunger is to do something that keeps me busy that also isn't conducive to eating. In my case, playing music is one of those things- it occupies both of my hands AND I don't want to be eating because I don't want to be blowing stuff through my instruments. But after a while, the feelings of hunger don't feel as intense and you learn to control yourself.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    There are a couple potential factors at play here:

1st, how active are you? Do you have a job where you are moving around all the time, possibly carrying heavy things? Do you play a sport? If so, you would potentially need more calories than if you had a desk job or were a couch potato.

2nd, this might be a good time to learn the difference between hunger and a simple desire for food. Try waiting until your stomach growls before you eat. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. It can be difficult to tell the difference between hunger and thirst, believe it or not.

Just a few thoughts.