Trying foods again

Options
When I was a kid, the only way anyone could persuade me to eat a rice cake was if candy was mashed on top of it. (Which basically defeats the purpose of eating a rice cake in the first place). Yesterday I decided to give rice cakes another go and I really liked them! Are there any foods you disliked when you were younger but have tried again for health and they turned out to be good?

Replies

• lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes, brocolli and spinich
  • shae123
    shae123 Posts: 26
    Options
    Any vegie NOT covered in ranch LOL...I has vegies with my ranch when I was younger now I can eat them with out anyhting.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hummus is one of my favs now but I never would have been convinced to try it.
  • Paula_Addem
    Paula_Addem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    OMG! Even if you don't like rice cakes, spread them with a little bit of peanut butter and sugar free jam, and you'll have the best snack in the world!!
    It's good to hear you tried them again though, and glad you like them now!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Definitely Spinach, asparagus and Zuchinni. Hated those when I was a kid and now I love them
  • Bosslady11611362
    Options
    Lol, yes! I absolutely HATED liver, now I LOVE it, go figure...:laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, the only way anyone could persuade me to eat a rice cake was if candy was mashed on top of it. (Which basically defeats the purpose of eating a rice cake in the first place). Yesterday I decided to give rice cakes another go and I really liked them! Are there any foods you disliked when you were younger but have tried again for health and they turned out to be good?

I was an incredibly picky eater, so most vegetables, potatoes in any form other than French fries ... Well, it's a LONG list! lol

I've spent a few years experimenting with cooking and trying new things I was convinced I didn't like and found I like most of those foods now.