If Halloween is your fav time of year..

Options
Then we have something in common! Looking for some new friends to give/get motivation and support. I've been here for about 90 days,and log in daily. I will put up pics of this years props and Haunt once setup is complete. Anyone else have props they are building or built? Having a spooky Halloween party? Making costumes for the kiddies or self? Built your first coffin or your hundredth tombstone? What do you all have going on this year?

Replies

• epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    We have a big party every year (though it's the weekend before Halloween since that's also my husband's birthday). We don't go very spooky, but we have lots of decorations and I make my costume (and often his) as well. This year we're going to be Willy Wonka and Violet Beauregard from the Gene Wilder version. I'm sewing a jacket and vest for him and hoping to rig up a blue pantsuit so I can blow up like a blueberry, which kind of eliminates my need to reach my goal weight by our party, but I'm still shooting for it anyway. :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I'm so with you! I love Halloween, it is the BEST! better than christmas in my opinion...

I will be a geisha this Halloween, as I can now fit ito my geisha dress htat hasn't fit in over 5 years!!!! YESSSSSSS

The house is new to me this year (we just moved to SoCal) so I don't know the level of trick-or-treaters we'll get. There have been years I did up the house beautifully and had three kids show up. I kinda doubt it this year though, it's pretty suburban here.

Cobwebs go up, my carved wooden bear gets to wear his dracula cape, spooky music wafts from the front window, the strobe light flashes, and all of my masterpiece jack-o-lanterns glow in the dark :)

I can't wait!
  • lovelylor
    lovelylor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!!!
    No little ones to hide behind any more so I am out --- A true Halloween lover -my favorite holiday.
    I am bringing back an oldie but a goodie costume this year, usually don't do repeats but the Spider
    Witch was one of my favs.
    Don't do too much around the props but love the parties and the witches brew !!
    L
  • lovelylor
    lovelylor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How do you post those "mini rewards"--I can't find where to do that.
    Every room in my house has some halloween thing it in :)
    Boo!!
  • Scari
    Scari Posts: 9
    Options
    I love Halloween! This year, I'm actually working at an amusement park here that is 'haunted' throughout october. I get to be a zombie! :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    that has to be one of the coolest jobs EVER! Where are you working?
  • semiwife
    Options
    Halloween is my favorite, i do dress up and this year i am making a mummy outfit for my son, and we will be doing a hunted house at a friends house who lives in an old funeral home, plus my birthday is this month with my son, and brotherinlaw....
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I love halloween, this year I'm letting my oldest daughter (she'll be 12 next month) be in charge of the halloween party...So I"m going to have a bunch of screaming 11 and 12 years old in my apartment :P.
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    Oh how fun! I absolutely love Halloween. This year I've built a new 8ft tall spooky tree in which I embedded skulls and such into. Improved my tombstones, added new spiders and victims to my already huge spider that sits on the house my sweetie built a few years back. Also a old time toe pincher coffin. Oh and a 9ft tall looming grim reaper. (still working on his cloak, I've bought out all the black fabric and am waiting for a new shipment hehe) We have begun setting up the haunt this week, and are in full swing mode. Defiantly burning some cals. waiting for the weather to clear before we can rig up lighting and effects. On top of all that I am decorating the inside.Made new curtains this weekend. we have friends that come stay with us every year. Still tons to do, I love it.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    let's not forget the witch's cauldrons filled with dry ice for that spooky fog....

muhuhaha

I frickin love Halloween.
  • nolasaints
    nolasaints Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday. My husband and I go to New Orleans every year to celebrate it. This year I'll be a cupcake and my husband will be the baker. I'm trying not to eat cupcakes, but thought it would be okay to dress like one. :)
    We don't do a lot of decorations since we're always out of town, but that sounds like fun...especially the yard haunt. Looking forward to seeing your pics.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    We attend a costume party every year. The attendees are all pretty motivated when it comes to amazing costumes (last year the Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend were in attendance and their costumes were INCREDIBLE).

Halloween was a huge motivator for me this year. I've always wanted to be Wonder Woman for Halloween because Linda Carter as Wonder Woman made such an impression on my husband as a child (she's the reason he prefers brunettes).

This year I am going as Wonder Woman and my husband has no idea that I have this up my sleeve. Not only is it so fun that I'm surprising him, but I can't believe THAT I'M FINALLY AT A SIZE THAT I CAN DRESS UP AS WONDER WOMAN!!!

Charmagne