Starving after working out

Options
I do my workout of the evening (elliptical and some weight lifting) and I am so hungry afterward. I had already eaten dinner this evening and was still hungry after working out. I had a little bit more dinner, which was roast beef and carrot with onions. Then a handful of fresh blueberries and one strawberry with a little coconut oil. And two hours later, I was still hungry so I had two boiled eggs, a thin slice of ham, and a slice of wheat toast with a little coconut oil. And I drink water all day long.

Is this normal? Is this going to keep me from losing weight? Any tips?

Replies

• xxhieixx
    xxhieixx Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This is normal. Your burning off the food you ate and energy so it's going to make you hungry. I always workout about an hour before I want to eat dinner (or lunch, depending on when I'm doing the workout). Your supposed to eat something before but not a whole meal since your just going to eat again. I like to eat a banana or apple 30 minutes before my workout. I know some people eat protein bars before theirs.
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    sounds normal to me. i feel ravenously hungry after i work out
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Losing weight will be an outcome of eating a calorie deficit - whether you eat these calories before or after your workout is not important to this overall equation. If you are always hungry after a work out than you can save calories (like your dessert to after your work out, or a lean salad something that will help fill you). Alternatively you can work-out before dinner (some may say this is better others say that they feel more energetic if they have something before their workout). remember though your body does take several hours to digest protein so this is not immediately available for burn but helps in muscle repair during rest. If you like a boost before your work out try something like a banana or other fruits these sugars are more immediately available for burn but the fibre helps moderate the absorption.