I NEED MOMMY MOTIVATION !!

Options
2»

Replies

• allisonjforsyth
    allisonjforsyth Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I have five little girls, ages 11, 9, 7, 4 and 1...I've lost about 65 pounds after having baby number 5. (And that does not include her baby/pregnancy weight!) Just start prioritizing your body, your health, your physical fitness. It has to be a priority in my opinion for it to work because us moms tend to prioritize everyone else's needs if we don't. You deserve this. You can do it! Once you get going and start seeing the results which happen rather quickly when you first start it gets easier to stay motivated and hang in there. You are not alone in this. Wishing you all the best!!! :)
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Just start making small changes. One at a time. Incorporate them slowly and make them a habit. As long as you're always making strides to a healthier life, you'll get there :)

photo_zps96e22d1a.jpg
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am not a birth mum but I have a munchkin.

I gym it when he's in school or elsewhere and that helps me cope with day to day life (I often take all the stresses of life out at the gym) I also sometimes take him to classes with me which he loves. I train in an MMA gym and if he is good he gets to play in the cage. Mostly he loves to yell at me and tell me what to do (star jumps and burpies are his favourites).
    I also pick him up far too often and do weighted squats with him because he thinks it's funny. I know I am going to need to be strong for him so he is my inspiration most of the time!
    Roundabouts and swings require energy to push and running alongside a child on a bike is hard work too!

good luck x
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Most gyms offer daycare. If not you can trade off with another mom who needs some free time. It doesn't take time to not eat too many calories for a good start. I'd trade out junk food with fruits and veggies that appealed to me. Take it easy and go slow. Set a good example for the kidlets! I wish you the best of luck!
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    What a great thread. Go, Mommies! I am a SAHM to 3 boys, 8, 6 and 3. I just started losing weight. In the past year I became vegetarian, eat mostly vegan, gave up caffeine and sugar and I am mostly gluten free. I am seeing great results and I workout everyday and log every day. I am not at my goal yet but getting there and then I plan on getting some muscle. Feel free to add me.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Hello.

I am not a mommy but my motivation is that I want to be one very soon. I want to be healthy so I can give my baby a healthy body to grow in. I want to be healthy so I can play with my child and not be too tried or too fat.
    I don't want to be an embarrassment to my child(ren).
    I want to be a role model but how can I be if I am unhealthy?

I can not think of better motivation than looking at your 4 children and remembering that they rely on you for so much and they always will. They need you to be as healthy as you can be.
  • amylosing2
    amylosing2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I only have one, but he has medical issues. i started working out seriously last fall to deal with the stress of trying to balance working full time and deal with all of his medical stuff (appointments, medications, school and insurance). Besides stress relief I want to be a healthy role model for him. I am lucky that my company has a gym on-site so I work out there during my lunch break, but I did join a gym which has a daycare and occasionally we will go. My suggestions would be:

1. Start small so that you don't get overwhelmed. For me it was spending a few weeks really logging my food and not worrying about working out so much and then once I got a handle on my eating I switched my focus to exercising
    2. Find a support buddy- mine is my cousin. We have both lost weight over the last year and a half and we talk about the good, bad and the ugly.
    3. If you have a bad day remember its only one day and just start fresh the next day. In the past I would beat myself up if I messed up that I would totally end up going off the rails. Now I remind myself that I had a bad day and tomorrow is a new day.

Good luck!!
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I have five little girls, ages 11, 9, 7, 4 and 1...I've lost about 65 pounds after having baby number 5. (And that does not include her baby/pregnancy weight!) Just start prioritizing your body, your health, your physical fitness. It has to be a priority in my opinion for it to work because us moms tend to prioritize everyone else's needs if we don't. You deserve this. You can do it! Once you get going and start seeing the results which happen rather quickly when you first start it gets easier to stay motivated and hang in there. You are not alone in this. Wishing you all the best!!! :)
    THIS. I consider my healthy food, my workout and my not eating junk a priority. Once you get it in your head that not eating their food with them means doing something FOR YOU, then you're all set.
    I have 5 girls too. They are 10, 8, 6, 4 and 1 in a few days! :drinker:

Since there is no escape during the day and at night, I get up 1h before the baby does and do running/weightlifting on alternating days. I find it very important to look good after the (last!) baby before my girls enter puperty. It is silly, I know, but I want to be taken seriously, and I want to role model taking care of myself and being strong and happy. So, I do it for myself and for them.

I lost more than 30lbs, 10 more to go.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    My son is 1.5 years old and I gained 70 pounds while pregnant. My heaviest weight was 224lbs. It was incredibly demoralizing and depressing. After he was about a year old I decided to take charge of my life and get back in shape. My goal was to look similar to my body in my early 20's. Here's some pictures of my progression.

29bbb9c4-c1b3-418b-a2e8-b0d2b73fd0ba_zpsf4cedc85.jpg

1901827_10104335557604680_2107376380_n_zps80c030b5.jpg

I currently weight around 142lbs so that's a total loss of 82 pounds.

I've logged pretty much everyday since 10/1/13. Accurate logging, consistency and strength training is all you need... along with some perseverance. Good luck to you!
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I am also a mom. Two babies under 1 (not twins)! I am looking to lose another 60 pounds or so. My newest little peanut is just a couple days old, so in a few weeks I will start up again. Accepting all friend requests :smile:
  • frogz21
    frogz21 Posts: 314
    Options
    The motivation to want to change something is finding that motivation within yourself.

What motivated me most was the fact I wanted to be able to feel and look good about myself. I wanted to be able to prove that I have dedication and motivation to change. I want my kiddos to grow up with a mom who can set a good example to them when it comes to health and fitness. I don't want to be the mom who let herself go..I want to be the mom who will still look good way after they're grown and out of the house. There are so many reasons for me to be and stay motivated.
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother of 16 month old twin girls. They turned 1 in December, and that was when I decided to make some changes. I realised that I didn't want to be in pictures with my girls for their FIRST birthday - and I didn't want that to continue to be the case. I want them to have pictures of them with their Mum when they were little!
    I started by getting my diet sorted out, logging every day (just lost my log-in streak because we went away a few weeks ago! Curses!). Then I tried to incorporate a walk every other day, which was unpleasant in summer - I'm in Australia.
    Then my husband got sick, so I took over walking the dog 3 days a week and he watched the girls for 40 mins while I did that.
    Now I try to add time on the exercise bike or rower as well, but I am not strict with it as long as i get my minimum 30 mins 3 times a week, plus incidental walking/playtime.
    I might try more/different activities as I get fitter & lose weight, but I am just letting the good habits grow organically - and not set myself up so if I can't exercise (e.g. if babies have me up half a dozen times a night & I'm tired) it all comes crashing down.
    Sustainability is the key for me. Good luck!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to 2 and work FT outside the home. I'm down about 57 pounds from my highest and will never look back. I work out uber early before anyone is up because I found that once I got home from work, there were always a million things to do. The hardest part for me is not nibbling on the kids left-overs - the mac and cheese and chicken and French fries are killers! You can totally do this! Just keep logging and moving! Good luck!
  • suzzanemfp
    Options
    Thank you all !
    I really appreciate all advice and pics !
    I learned a lot :)
  • kimsmith4u
    Options
    Hey there, I was once in the same position as you were. I found "dieting" a major challenge especially with all those good food around you. What I discovered was that I needed more of a lifestyle change instead of dieting. I had lost over 40 pounds and now I am a fitness coach for many women out there. My advise to you is to learn how to make healthy eating fun. Learn a few delicious recipes and turn that into your lifestyle and learn to read the signals your body is telling you. Usually after 14 - 21 days, you body is sort off "adjusted" to the types of food you eat and the timings you eat.

So, 1. Get a healthy recipe book, 2. Exercise at least 15 minutes a day/4 days a week.
  • suzzanemfp
    Options
    Thank u !
    I love the excersize tip as i cant really do too much right now and i feel like everyone seems to excercize so much around here
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am doing 30DS and I have two young boys. They are my alarm clock so i work out at night. You can also do small things like going on a family walk. Bonus- it tires out the kids too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!