I under ate by 4000 calories

Options
13»

Replies

• KCNutritionCoach
    KCNutritionCoach Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Under eating will not stall weight loss. There is nothing magic that happens that makes you stop losing weight while in a calorie deficit (which she clearly is). The importance of eating enough food is in regards to the end result. You need to get enough fats, proteins and carbs to maintain your lean body mass while losing the optimal amount of body fat.
    [/quote]
  • KCNutritionCoach
    KCNutritionCoach Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Under eating will not stall weight loss. There is nothing magic that happens that makes you stop losing weight while in a calorie deficit (which she clearly is). The importance of eating enough food is in regards to the end result. You need to get enough fats, proteins and carbs to maintain your lean body mass while losing the optimal amount of body fat.
    [/quote]
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    this is so damaging for your body, there is no reason to eat that little!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything? You only seem to eat twice a day.
    How do you measure everything? Are you using accurate entries?

Assuming you are actually eating so little, yes, there can be problems with it. I've personally done the low calorie (paired with tons of exercise) thing. I lost the weight, looked great, but keeping it off was a whole different story.

Keep in mind that hunger is not always a reliable indicator. Hormones can affect hunger. Overeating or undereating can mess with our signals. Lots of people who are anorexic report not being hungry and they are literally starving. Some people who are overweight report constantly being hungry when they do not need more food.

Its not hard to add a few extra calories, there are tons of calorie dense foods that won't add bulk. Olive oil, butter, avocado, nuts and nut butters, eggs, etc are all examples.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    everyone says you must eat 1200 calories.....................all the sites say you must eat 1200........................well wheres the proof
    no facts on this
    I suggest calculate your rmr and keep it under that by a couple hundread.

rmr? Do you mean bmr? You shouldn't be eating under that.

What you mean is find out your TDEE and eat 15-20% under that.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    everyone says you must eat 1200 calories.....................all the sites say you must eat 1200........................well wheres the proof
    no facts on this
    I suggest calculate your rmr and keep it under that by a couple hundread.

rmr? Do you mean bmr? You shouldn't be eating under that.

What you mean is find out your TDEE and eat 15-20% under that.

RMR is resting metabolic rate.
    It is closely related to BMR

http://www.acefitness.org/certifiednewsarticle/2882/resting-metabolic-rate-best-ways-to-measure-it-and/

ETA - FTR - I agree, eat under TDEE not BMR or RMR.
  • rainbowxelephant
    rainbowxelephant Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Former anorexia sufferer here. You need to eat more. Like, 1000 calories a day more. Or you will end up hospitalized and obsessed.

Trust me.

Add a 500 calorie smoothie to the start of your day for breakfast and double your portion sizes, something. This is serious. You are clearly deluded if you think you eat meals and are consuming under 1000 calories. Yes this is dangerous, yes there are long term health and weight implications. Plus you could end up experiencing refeeding syndrome when you do finally start eating