weight up & down

Options
hi guys,

i have been since i started fluctuating around the same weight; seems like i can't loose steady.

I just wanted to ask a quick question:

Yesterday I weighted 700 grams more than the day before, and today I am back to the same weight I had the day before yesterday

Does anybody know if it is normal to put 700 grs in a day and loose it the next one?

Curiosity :ohwell: .

Replies

• xenoa
    xenoa Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    First of all, weight loss is not linear and second of all, that small weight fluctuation over few days is normal with everyone and they're caused by hormones, time of the month, stress, water retention, too much sodium etc. Your "gain" is nothing to be worried about, we all have them. Personally sometimes I see scale move for 2 to 3kg overnight.

ETA: Just make sure you stay in calorie deficit, log your food accurately and be honest about it all.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Totally normal fluctuations :)
  • PRguez
    PRguez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I didn't know you could fluctuate 2 kilos in one day!!

• Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Remember this ....... 1 litre of water weighs 1 Kg ... Enuff Said!
  • matuskap
    matuskap Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    700 grams :D i have ~800grams of food for dinner today and some 200ml of water thats a kilogram right there. In a matter of 10 minutes. And thats just dinner. Honestly, you can loose 400 grams just by p*ssing in the morning. If i eat 100grams of carbs today, ill weight 2kg more tommorow because ill be bloated. If i go for a run ill loose 1.5kg right away. Fluctuation of 700 grams is nothing, even when considering you weight yourself at the same time of a day.
  • PRguez
    Options
    700 grams :D i have ~800grams of food for dinner today and some 200ml of water thats a kilogram right there. In a matter of 10 minutes. And thats just dinner. Honestly, you can loose 400 grams just by p*ssing in the morning. If i eat 100grams of carbs today, ill weight 2kg more tommorow because ill be bloated. If i go for a run ill loose 1.5kg right away. Fluctuation of 700 grams is nothing, even when considering you weight yourself at the same time of a day.

i think i got pissed off coz i weight myself 1st thing in the morning so in theory my stomach is empty and I am dehydrated :o

oh well i din't know you can fluctuate so much.

thaaaaaanks :)
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    hi guys,

i have been since i started fluctuating around the same weight; seems like i can't loose steady.

I just wanted to ask a quick question:

Yesterday I weighted 700 grams more than the day before, and today I am back to the same weight I had the day before yesterday

Does anybody know if it is normal to put 700 grs in a day and loose it the next one?

Curiosity :ohwell: .

What does loose mean in this context?
  • FitBritt333
    FitBritt333 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been on mfp since Jan. The first two months my weight did the same! Drove me crazy! Sometimes it would take me over a week to lose the water weight. This month my weight has steadily come down. Except for days when I ate a lot of salty food. What helped me was water, water, and water!!! Drink as much as you can. You need at least 8 oz glasses a day. I aim for 10+ glasses a day. Once you do this your body will stop retaining so much. If your not getting enough water your body holds on to it. when your body realizes there is a surplus of water it will stop holding on to it for later.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    700 grams! My weight varies 5 or 6 pounds a day. That's just normal daily fluctuations follow the trend over time not every little change.
  • PRguez
    Options
    I have been on mfp since Jan. The first two months my weight did the same! Drove me crazy! Sometimes it would take me over a week to lose the water weight. This month my weight has steadily come down. Except for days when I ate a lot of salty food. What helped me was water, water, and water!!! Drink as much as you can. You need at least 8 oz glasses a day. I aim for 10+ glasses a day. Once you do this your body will stop retaining so much. If your not getting enough water your body holds on to it. when your body realizes there is a surplus of water it will stop holding on to it for later.

Thanks that's really helpful¬ :)
    I don't really cook with salt so it must be the water thingy... I guess I need to drink drink drink and drink.:flowerforyou: