The Biggest Loser 2010

Options
Found this Blog pretty interesting and have to agree that some of the exercises they do look pretty dangerous.

http://www.angrytrainerfitness.com/2010/10/why-biggest-isnt-best

I've read that the episodes and weight loss results don't actually occur in the timeline of a week. So I take it with a grain of salt but still find it inspirational and look forward to seeing the transformations. I've even thought about going to the Biggest Loser Ranch for a week to jump start my weight loss. But my hubby thinks that's crazy to spend that much when I can exercise in my own hometown, LOL. What do you guys think of the Biggest loser? Has anyone been to the ranch?

Replies

• lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love watching the show but I get very hungry anytime it is on. LOL
  • seana22
    seana22 Posts: 14
    Options
    if i remember correctly there was a few contestants that after the show was done they had sooo many health problems from the fast weight loss that they were in the hospital for quite a while. i love the show to but i cant stand jillian. i think she is sooooooo fake. i would rather take the time and do it right and that way keep it off
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Found this Blog pretty interesting and have to agree that some of the exercises they do look pretty dangerous.

http://www.angrytrainerfitness.com/2010/10/why-biggest-isnt-best

I've read that the episodes and weight loss results don't actually occur in the timeline of a week. So I take it with a grain of salt but still find it inspirational and look forward to seeing the transformations. I've even thought about going to the Biggest Loser Ranch for a week to jump start my weight loss. But my hubby thinks that's crazy to spend that much when I can exercise in my own hometown, LOL. What do you guys think of the Biggest loser? Has anyone been to the ranch?

How much does a week on the ranch cost?
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    It's $2500 for one week with in a private room $1800 with a roommate. Pretty expensive, but cheaper than I thought.
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Wow $1800 for one week?? That's mental money, how do they justify that?
  • roseyrose2000
    roseyrose2000 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey does the $1800 include food...LOL. I would love to go, would like to try those workouts and bring it home.. But 1800 without airfare is a bit much!!
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Looks like the price is even higher for the new resort in Malibu. I might be worth it to have Bob train me for a week, but they don't train at either ranch.