how long to drink protein after shaking it.

Options
Guys how long do I have to drink the protein shake after shaking it??

Like I usually shake it and drink after 1hr of workout...till then it is stale in my bag....is that fine??

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    besides the rank taste, no issue.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Are you freakin' serial?
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    you can shake them more than once...................
  • eyleene
    eyleene Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Like I usually shake it and drink after 1hr of workout...till then it is stale in my bag....is that fine??

do you mean still in your bag or stale ?
  • sonuyos
    sonuyos Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    No I mean it is kept in my bag for 1hrs straight no touching ...

Is it fine to consume after 1hr?? As I use milk with protein powder...
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I would try to drink it right away, it starts to taste odd after a while.
  • sonuyos
    sonuyos Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Taste is not an issue for me...but is it good even after an hour?
  • Dozer561
    Dozer561 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    room temp milk after an hour sounds horrible, just bring the powder and add cold water when your done workout
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Huh? You leave milk out at room temperature? Why not just wait until you get home? Or drink it before you go? Both much better ideas than drinking spoiled milk.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    If only some industrious individual would invent a container of some sort with insulation, or a plastic block full of liquid that could be frozen and keep things cold; oh, how our world would change!
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    If only some industrious individual would invent a container of some sort with insulation, or a plastic block full of liquid that could be frozen and keep things cold; oh, how our world would change!

Bwhaaaaaaaa.. my next money making scam .. I mean plan
  • Kidominos
    Kidominos Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options

Check out Klean Kanteen insulated tumblers. You can buy a spill proof lid and it keeps your drinks cold or hot for most of the day.
  • ChinoHDT
    ChinoHDT Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would not leave 'Mixed protein' in a bag for an hour. You're better off just buying a tupaware box and putting your powder in that and then after your workout just used water to mix it.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Unless you need to run to the crapper within 20 minutes then you are safe....
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Unless you need to run to the crapper within 20 minutes then you are safe....

weight loss is weight loss :-p
  • suejenfb
    suejenfb Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I mix shakes with almond milk and put it in a cooler. It's fine as long as you keep it cool, just shake again before you drink it.
  • samamps88
    samamps88 Posts: 52
    Options
    Just to clear this up milk that has sat out for less than 24 hours will do you no harm what so ever NONE even after that it will still take a while to spoil. Bear in mind all milk has been heated to kill all bugs before packaging, The only issue may be if you use Un pasturized milk (which unless you buy direct from the farmer you cant have)

Also the protein will not go off or go away if you leave it to stand!

However if you are a paranoid type person then either, as has been suggested, use a thermos and take powder seperate.

You can even buy protein shakers with a detachable compartment in the bottom to store ypur powder in
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    That may be true of milk in its original, sealed container, but once it's been opened and exposed to the air, it will spoil quickly.