8 Hours of Sleep?

Stewie316
Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
How much sleep do you average each night? There's the 8 hour rule, but I just don't see how it's possible to get 8 hours of sleep. On the weekdays I usually get about 6.5-7 and on the weekends I get 7-8. I'm thinking about fitting some of my workouts in the morning, but I don't want to go to bed too much earlier than I already do.

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    6 to 6.5 for me since May. I'm a morning workout person and feel great throughout the day.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    I'm not a good sleeper at all, waking up several times during the night. Usually 6-7 hours at the most. I run in the mornings. I get up at 5 and am usually in bed between 9 and 10.
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    get depressed, then its really easy
  • Anna19911
    Anna19911 Posts: 141
    I get about 6 total. But i have a 4 month old son :)
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    For me it depends ill have between 5 and 9 hours and like last night i went to bed at 11.20pm and woke at 8.10am and my ace man had got the kids ready for school so i had time to get ready . as he knows ill only sleep when i need the sleep! normally on a weekend when my days are less busy i have bout 5-7 hours which is when my man sleeps in!
  • Iron_Biker
    Iron_Biker Posts: 104 Member
    Each body is different.

Some people do with as little as 5 or 6, while others (like my sister) require well over 9 hours of daily sleep. Personally, I simply can't sleep more than 7 hours a day.

My suggestion is: listen to your body. Rules like that one (or the 8 cups a day) serve as a reference--or average--, but everyone works differently and for best results pay close attention to yout habits and requirements.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    I usually get to be by 10:30 and I'm up by 7ish. I feel great during the day but if I'm exhaused I'll go to bed as soon as the kids are put to bed!
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    I average between 6.5-7. I'm in bed around 11 and alarm goes off at 530 (which i turn off) and 6(i hit snooze for 10 min) then I get up. But I get woken up multiple times between 330-430 thanks to my husband.
  • I only manage to get about 4-5 hours a night,but usually get in a nap in the afternoon or late morning for an hour.
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    I only manage to get about 4-5 hours a night,but usually get in a nap in the afternoon or late morning for an hour.

I would be so tired with that only 4-5 hours. When I was 20, I could do 5 hours no problem. Now, I try to shoot for 7, even though most nights it's 6.5. Sleeping 8 hours just seems like I'm wasting the day away, especially after coming home from work and only having a couple of hours to relax and enjoy your free time before bed.
This discussion has been closed.