Breakfast, Brunch, Snack Or Dessert Custard

Options
LindaFromNH
LindaFromNH Posts: 49 Member
Breakfast, Brunch, Snack Or Dessert Custard

I made this for breakfast this morning for something different and delicious. You can have it hot, warm or cold and any time you want something low in calories and delicious... It's healthy too!! When I have it as a dessert for a snack, I top it with 4 tablespoons of Cool Whip and eat it cold. What a treat!!!

2 eggs
2 ounces milk, (I use Almond milk)
1 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons sweetner (I use Truvia)

Add ingredients to a 2 cup rampkin or glass dish. Stir well to whip egg.

Microwave in the microwave until it bubbles up over the top, about 45 seconds in my microwave. Don't worry, it won't leak over...

Replies

• C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have been searching for something like this and my own experiments have failed me so far.
    Is the texture more of a soft stovetop pudding or a baked pudding or custard?
    Instead of using the microwave, could this be made on the stovetop or in the oven as well?
  • LindaFromNH
    Options
    More like a baked custard... Not a pudding
  • LindaFromNH
    Options
    This is the way I make it and it comes out great... If you bake it in the oven make sure you put your glass dish in a water bath up to about half way. I would bake it at 350 and it will probably take an hour to an hr 15 minutes... Insert knife in middle to test for doneness if you make it in the oven. It takes about 45-60 secs in the microwave and makes a great breakfast
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Have to try this tomorrow. Thank you so much..
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    bump...to try tomorrow
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    picture? having a hard time imagining this but it sounds really good.
  • penae82
    penae82 Posts: 2
    Options
    sounds really good, I'll have to try this. thanks for sharing.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ok I must not have done it right. Had to add time and it was probably in there for 1.5 minute and the texture was pretty much runny scrambled eggs.. I used 2% milk. Would have to tweek... it wasn't bad, but odd.
  • radeema
    radeema Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LindaFromNH
    Options
    It's custard, only since its eggs and milk, it's good for breakfast :)
  • LindaFromNH
    Options
    Make sure you whip it really good to incorporate the eggs in completely with the other ingredients... The custard is formed and there is a little liquid at the bottom but it doesn't make the custard watery....
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Bump