Food Scale/Easter Sunday

Options
2»

Replies

• AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Respectfully, here is where I am confused.

You say you don't want holidays to be an excuse for not tracking, but you are saying--basically--that you are willing to allow the holiday to be an excuse for going over your calories. I am NOT judging. Not at all. I am just saying that it seems, from here, that if tracking your food for one day is important enough to you to schlep your scale to the festivities then why not also make the effort to stay in your calories?

I am also wondering if you will have the recipes and ingredients for everything on the table in order to be able to make an accurate accounting.

I respect your wanting to draw a line in the sand. I just wonder if you've drawn it over your toes.
  • JJHnIOWA
    JJHnIOWA Posts: 48
    Options
    Wow, don't be the "crazy lady."

Just use your best judgement and try to keep the serving size down.

What is funny is some of my biggest weight loss weeks are ones where i had a family function and ate a little more loosely for a meal or two.

Maybe my body likes the jumpstart?
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. Call it a refeed day and move on.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    That is something that I would never do.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    My mother, who is cooking for Easter, just texted me and asked me to make my mother-in-law's pecan pie as one of our desserts along with something else of my choice. Other desserts will include banana pudding and her special icing-free chocolate cake. I'll be having a serving of each, thank you, but only after I have a heaping plate of ham, deviled eggs, potato salad, mashed potatoes, and macaroni and cheese. Who needs green beans? Not me. Oh, and a dinner roll - can't forget that.

I still haven't been told whether my mother-in-law will be cooking. Uh oh... :)
  • EreborsPrincess
    Options
    In the end, what matters most is what makes you happy. If you're more comfortable bringing your scale, knock yourself out.
  • sclose14
    sclose14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I say go for it. I think its a great idea.