One more time! Portion Control

Options
HI, I'm new to this and have 40 pounds to lose. I lost about 15 before joining this app. I'm doing 1200 to 1400 calories a day. I'm also looking for encouragement and to share food tips. Like many I've done this before and gained the weight back. The difference this time is no more diet food. I'm eating and cooking all the food I normally would. My weight is from not managing portion control. Not being conscious of how much I was eating,. So now I'm tracking and getting used to portion sizes and trying to design a way of life where I don't feel deprived, and so far it's working but you know talk is cheap. I'm very curious to look at people food diaries. I have some really yummy food choices I allow myself but just in very small quantities. I'm looking forward to losing this weight and this time I want to embrace the maintenance aspect of the weight.

Replies

• DEPick
    DEPick Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP. I think you will find exactly what you are looking for here. You seem to have a healthy and do-able plan. As for food diary creeping, I'm pretty sure mine would put you to sleep. But feel free to add me to your friends list, cause I will be happy to steal your ideas