I'm confused and on the verge of giving up!

Options
2»

Replies

• greeneyesohmy8282
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support! It means a lot to me. I'm going to try to tweak my cal intake and see what happens.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I would love if you could help me with the tdee method. I'm 5'4 171.

Using this calculator set on "lightly active" the TDEE-20% method sets you at about 1650 calories every day. Now, if you use this method, you wouldn't add back in any exercise calories (but if you're "moderately active" you'll need to change the settings I used on the calculator).

Good luck! Don't give up! You're doing great, and I know you can continue to do well if you don't give up!
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    When I first started getting serious about getting the weight off--logging and exercising with a group. I started walking every day, 20 minutes, very briskly. The weight started coming off, but then it quit. So I started walking 30 min a day--and whoo hoo--it started coming off again. Then after a while it stagnated again. Then 45. . .you get the picture. I finally realized what happened when I read New Rules of Lifting for Women--your body gets used to doing the same exercise all the time and gets real efficient at it--it can do the things you are doing with less effort and therefore fewer calories are burned--which is good in that your day to day stuff gets easier--but not-so-pretty-hot-good if you're trying to lose weight! Change it up. Lifting is awesome--better results in three sessions about an hour each than I got walking EVERY day for 45 min. I feel better and am stronger--which I am to a degree no matter what exercise I'm doing, but this is better. But the workouts in this book change so that your working differently every little bit and keep your body burning those calories and building those muscles.

And do make sure you're eating enough so that you can build muscle and get leaner.