OK I am starting today! :)

Options
I have for the past 3 years only stuck to cardio and my calorie intake to lose my weight. I have maintained now for a good amount of time now, however I am not tone and dont have the body I want yet. SO....... I did my research and have decided to start lifting now. I bought my new barbell and dumbbell set and I am starting tonight! Im really excited! :) Sorry just a post to say I am excited lol

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, and enjoy lifting! It's awesome.
  • ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Options
    Fantastic! I can't blame you for being excited... it is very exciting.

May I make ONE recommendation? Take a "before" picture. In a couple of months you may wonder if it's doing any good (because it isn't like losing weight where your success is seen in a number on a scale) and then you can take a "now" picture. You'll see changes and it will keep you going. I'm so glad I did! I've been lifting for 4 months and I'm STILL excited about it!
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for the encouragement! I will be taking my before pictures tonight and I have already measured my body last night bc I am sure the scale will prob go up and I cant base anything off the number on the scale anymore. Super excited!