Looking for a good recipe for Shrimp and Scallops?

Options
kmash32
kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
I am making Good Friday dinner this year and as we can't eat meat only fish I thought of making a dish with shrimp and scallops. I would prefer a pasta dish (I usually substitute quinoa pasta) but don't really have any recipes. Does anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I make a pan seared scallop dish and serve it over a really basic olive oil/garlic pasta dish. I don't use shrimp because my husband is allergic (so sad) but you could probably add them. I don't really have a recipe per se but basically:

Make sure scallops are fully thawed and patted dry - this will help get a nice sear on them. Season them with salt and pepper.
    Heat a skillet (preferably cast iron) to very hot with maybe 1 tbsp of olive oil.
    Add scallops (don't crowd the pan) and cook on one side without flipping until the scallop "releases" from the pan. If it is sticking, it isn't ready to flip yet. Should be about 2-3 minutes. Then flip and cook on the other side for about another 2-3 minutes. They should be golden brown on the top and bottom and white (not pink) on the sides.

While the seafood is cooking - boil whatever pasta shape you normally use, I like linguini with this. Drain the pasta reserving about 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Then put the pasta back in the pot, and add about 3 tbsp of olive oil, the zest of a lemon, juice of a lemon, about a tsp of minced garlic, a quarter cup of minced flat leaf parsley, and a shake of crushed red pepper if you want a little kick. Toss that all together with some tongs and then plate it up with the scallops/shrimp on top - you can sprinkle with more parsley and parmesan cheese if you want.

Sometimes I add sauteed asparagus and red peppers too.
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea