Hello! New here...

Options
I just joined MFP and would love more friends for accountably and support. Anybody feel free to add me. I am looking for tips and advice to help me succeed. Since being diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38 I have been stricken with a ton of health issues. I need to get my body and mind in the best shape possible! I am cancer free now!!

My sister in law told me about MFP and I love it so far! If anybody has some tips or advice I would love to hear it. I need all the help I can get! I want to do this the right way this time. I have tried so many diets that I am now burnt out! I want to stick to real food, no sugar or white stuff. Letting go of old habits is always my downfall. I am hoping to change that about myself.

Replies

• MonkDogMom
    Options
    Welcome and such great news to be Cancer Free!!!

I have been part of MFP for about 3 weeks now and have lost around 7lbs. I am not doing anything different EXCEPT having a protein shake in the morning and writing down everything I eat. My biggest problem is that I skipped meals, ate the wrong things and had a Venti White Chocolate Mocha Latte EVERYDAY to kick start my day at a whopping 470 calories a day. I can't believe what just giving this drink up has done.

If I feel I need a latte, I have a Tall Skinny Vanilla or Mocha Latte at a fraction of the calories. Starbucks just lost one of their stockholders...LOL. But it is so worth it! AND it puts money in my pocket for sure!

My dogs and monkeys are an inspiration for me to get out there and take walks although with all this damn SNOW, its been few and far between!