introduction from existing member

Options
Hi guys,

I've been on MFP for awhile now. I've never posted before, but I just wanted to introduce myself. I don't have a lot of friends who use this site, so maybe it would be a good idea to try to make some e-friends to help keep me motivated and engaged 

I'm pretty big into sports. I was a competitive rower for 10 years, and I am still an active indoor rower. I had to take a hiatus from on-the-water rowing when I moved to NYC for work. I like to watch baseball and football. The most I've ever weighed is probably around 200lbs (many years ago), and my goal weight is in the low 160s (which is coincident with where I would need to weigh to race as a rower). I'm a little under 10lbs from my goal right now. So I'm feeling relatively good at the moment, in terms of what clothes fit, but I'm not fully there yet. Sometimes the last few pounds are the hardest. But I've also discovered about myself that the single most reliable weight loss metric for me is the number of consecutive days I go without cheating, whether it be skipping a workout, snacking on something that wasn't in my plan, or obviously having a full extravagant cheat meal. So I guess the last pounds are hard, but I am confident I know the toolset that is needed to attack them. Perhaps it's just the pangs of wanting to cheat that become more frequent, as your body tries to desperately hold onto the stores that it wants to keep…

I generally try to eat 1550 cals per day, and do about 9-10 workouts per week. I'm looking forward to hopefully hitting my goal weight and taking up my calories, and maybe removing 1-2 workouts per week also. If anyone's looking for a penpal who is a workout buddy or diet buddy, please let me know. Good luck to all in your fitness goals!

18238032.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter