spartan race citi field

Options
Hi all,
did anyone do the spartan race last weekend at citi field in nyc?
it was my third race, and my first time running solo (I was on a team, but did not stick with my team), and I timed just over 52 minutes, right around the top 15% mark. I was pretty proud of my results, but think I still have some room for improvement.

did anyone do that race or any other upcoming obstacle races? i have to admit, i sort of recommend these spartan races that take place in baseball stadiums, because you can keep your clothes and sneakers at the end, since there is no mud!

Replies

• sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    doin the spartan in NY in june. can't wait!
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'll be at the Tuxedo, NY race in June too, very excited, its my first!
    Gotta decide which sneakers with be sacrificed to the mud gods.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I did Spartan in NY last year, and I'll be doing it again in a few weeks.

Funny, I feel the complete opposite of you. I wouldn't want to do a stadium race because of the lack of mud and trail running. But still, good work Spartan! Great time.

Also no hills, those are the real test!
  • sentaruu
    Options

sweet, what heat are you in? I want to say im in the 11o'clock one on the 7th
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Sure did! A couple laps, there both days, had a blast! Lots of friends there from my team (we're New England based). Friends took home the top team both days, and I know a few of those who podiumed, so it was great to be there for their wins. Epic weekend!

I love both Stadium races and trail. Signed up for the Invitational, Mohegan Sun, Tuxedo, Boston Sprint, Boston Super, VT Beast, and Fenway too. Depending on travel ability, I may make it to a few others. I <3 Spartan Races!
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    I don't know. Stadium stairs ain't no joke.

Word. There may actually be more elevation change in a stadium race than a Spartan on flat terrain.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Stadium stairs ain't no joke.

Word. There may actually be more elevation change in a stadium race than a Spartan on flat terrain.

Didn't even think of that lol
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    Funny he came here to talk about Citifield and found nothing but Tuxedo racers...

Pfffft. I'm something.
  • sentaruu
    Options
    Funny he came here to talk about Citifield and found nothing but Tuxedo racers...

represent! :drinker:
  • sentaruu
    Options

Pfffft. I'm something.

you're everything :flowerforyou:
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options

Saturday the 7th, 9am! I watched a few videos and thought, hmmm I can totally do this, except the way people appear to bunch up at the obstacles might drive me nuts?! My best friend who I am running with is convinced she will be screaming like a drill sergeant MOVE LETS GOOOOOOOOO. So I'll be pretending I don't know her :/
    Have you done this one before?
  • sentaruu
    Options

Saturday the 7th, 9am! I watched a few videos and thought, hmmm I can totally do this, except the way people appear to bunch up at the obstacles might drive me nuts?! My best friend who I am running with is convinced she will be screaming like a drill sergeant MOVE LETS GOOOOOOOOO. So I'll be pretending I don't know her :/
    Have you done this one before?

haha, i'll be the same way, just in a more motivational manner!

and no, this will be my first spartan
  • summertime_girl
    Options

Pfffft. I'm something.

you're everything :flowerforyou:

I can only do Tuxedo on the 8th. I have Tough Mudder and a local OCR the week before, and have Superhero Scramble on the 7th. I hear Tuxedo has pretty tough terrain. Can't wait!
  • sentaruu
    Options
    jesus girl, you're a beast!
  • summertime_girl
    Options

Pfffft. I'm something.

Yeah but you are doing alllll the Spartans. Color me jealous.

Got the annual pass as a gift to myself. Must put it to good use! I can do a bunch of laps, and each location just costs me the $15 for insurance now.