Looking for a good recipe for Shrimp and Scallops?

Options
kmash32
kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
I am making Good Friday dinner this year and as we can't eat meat only fish I thought of making a dish with shrimp and scallops. I would prefer a pasta dish (I usually substitute quinoa pasta) but don't really have any recipes. Does anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Here is a shrimp salad recipe I make a lot, especially in the summer. It is zesty and delicious! Every bite is a burst of flavor!

http://seattletimes.com/html/foodwine/2015993308_cajunshrimpsalad.html
  • kmash32
    Options
    thanks
  • Rockstar_sister
    Rockstar_sister Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Cilantro Lime Shrimp

Cilantro and lime make this simple shrimp dish outstanding – and it takes just minutes to make!

serve it over rice or with a big avocado and lettuce salad. Enjoy!

Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 2/3 cup • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 119 • Fat: 3 g • Protein: 19 g • Carb: 2 g • Fiber: 0 g • Sugar: 0
    Cholest: 144 • Sodium: 140 (without the salt)

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cuminKosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil5 garlic cloves, crushed2 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 medium lime)3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    Directions:

Season the shrimp with cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the oil to the pan, then add half of the shrimp. Cook them undisturbed for about 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp over and cook until opaque throughout, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.

Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and the remaining shrimp to the pan and cook, undisturbed, for about 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp over, add the garlic, and cook until the shrimp is opaque throughout, about 1 minute. Return the first batch of shrimp to the skillet, mix well so that the garlic is evenly incorporated and remove the pan from the heat.

Squeeze the lime juice over all the shrimp. Add the cilantro, toss well, and serve.
  • kmash32
    Options
    bump ^^
  • lask722
    lask722 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fettuccine with Shrimp, Scallops, and Mussels

Recipe is on epicurious.com. It is a bit calorically...expensive... at 962 calories/serving, but you know... pasta dishes often can be. You can always just reduce any of the richer ingredients...if that's necessary to fit your goals. There are some nice veggies in this pasta recipe, which is always a bonus.

I've also made the "Linguine with Shrimp and Scallops in Thai Green Curry Sauce" on the same site, and that is delicious.
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Bump!