What Will You Do With Your Fat Clothes?

Options
I think I'll give them to good will. Not sure if I'll keep at least one thing to remind me where I was, or if taking a picture will make the memory last longer. haha :laugh:

My sister, when she lost her weight, gave me her fat pants. Tables turned a bit on me. lol Let's hear it.

Replies

• Oh ... I'll keep one item to remind me where I will never go again .... And the rest are going to make a REALLY BIG bonfire .... I'm gonna roast marshmallows and make a s'more!!
  • nancyggg
    nancyggg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am donating mine too. Just went through some today and got them ready to go.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    donate tham to the fire thrift
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I donated some and gave some to someone on here so they didn't have to buy more clothes.
  • RunLove
    RunLove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    After I lost 20 pounds, I donated all my fat clothes to goodwill. I figure I have pictures to remind me where I used to be. I didn't want clothes sitting around that I hope to never fit in again :) It felt so good to donate them too!
  • sophieg77
    Options
    EBAY!
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I gave mine away! I was watching Dr. Oz one day and they said to NEVER keep your fat clothes. Its easier to just go in your closet and get a pair of fat pants and put them on then say Hey! I'm gaining weight, time to shut the trap!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    EBAY!

Good one! I think I'll do that! Could use an extra buck. The shirts will be donated, but the fat pants will go on EBAY.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Some I will donate... one or two i will keep to show where i have been and then some i will sell on EBAY!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm going to donate them to a church clothes closet. I've lost a ton of weight before and kept the "fat" clothes and guess what I'm wearing again, the fat clothes...so to me they are bad luck charms.
  • haleighallen
    haleighallen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    BURN THEM!!!!! xD:laugh:
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am a senior administrator, so I have some nice quality suits and business clothes (Anne Klein, Jones NY, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, etc.) . I have dropped two sizes in the past four months and have donated the items to charities that help women restart their lives (offer clothes for a job interview and to get them started in a job). I guess I could take them to a consignment shop, but I feel better thinking I am helping someone. I know that being overweight can affect one's confidence and self-esteem, so my hope is that having a quality outfit will boost that confidence.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Probably keeping a size or so for hopeful early maternity wear (though that got me back into this in the first place!) but besides that, donating. I have mostly casual stuff that fits right now but when I get back a size or so I have some work clothes that I may donate to a local program we have here that provides work clothes for people on afdc, etc. who are trying to find jobs but don't have clothes to wear to them. :)
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Lucky for me I don't have many. I have more "normal" weight clothes in the closet. When I lost the major weight, 9 years ago I took the ones that could be altered in and gave the rest away. I keep one size up for winter. It's cold where I work so I need a little extra room for the double layer of thermals. The newer fat clothes I will donate again. I kept one pair of jeans from before.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I am a senior administrator, so I have some nice quality suits and business clothes (Anne Klein, Jones NY, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, etc.) . I have dropped two sizes in the past four months and have donated the items to charities that help women restart their lives (offer clothes for a job interview and to get them started in a job). I guess I could take them to a consignment shop, but I feel better thinking I am helping someone. I know that being overweight can affect one's confidence and self-esteem, so my hope is that having a quality outfit will boost that confidence.

That is great! :flowerforyou:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    As I shrink out of my clothes my best friend who is also on a weight loss journey is shrinking into them. It is absolutely amazing, (for both of us!) to be able to give her my clothes. Then she will donate them to a good cause.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I've taken some to consignment stores and used the credit on smaller sized clothes. Some are going to the thrift stores and some I've given away!
  • veniceit
    veniceit Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I gave 3 bags to my neighbor. The rest I'll donate, not sure about consignment shops around here. The stuff I have left is all casual.

Ven
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Let friends and family have a run at them first and then donate the rest to local charities.
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    Iam going to give mine away. I never in the past have gotten this close to losing all the weight but this time Iam getting close. So I will be giving them away.