High Protein Foods

I need suggestions for high protein foods. I'm supposed to eat 100 grams of protein a day and I'm struggling to get that in! I am using protein powder. I have greek yogurt,, eggs, edamame, chick peas, almonds…I need more food suggestions, however, because even with these things, I'm not hitting 100. Thanks!

Replies

• MrsBach
    MrsBach Posts: 34 Member
    I have a low calorie / low carb goal each day that nets me 121 grams of protein.

Breakfast: 3 egg whites scrambled and 2 slices of turkey bacon.
    Lunch: homemade 5 oz. mini turkey meatloaf with green beans covered in cheese sauce. YUM!
    Afternoon snack: EAS carb control protein shake.
    Dinner: 5 oz of chicken breast with a 1/4 cup of mozzerella on a flatout wrap.
    Dessert: 1/2 cup of frozen yogurt.

I know, I know. Where's all the green veggies? If I could eat them without gagging, I would. I have this discussion daily with my husband.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Bacon!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Cottage cheese is really high in protein. So are lentils, ground turkey, chicken breast, and egg whites.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Are you vegetarian? If not a couple of chicken breasts or a can of tuna would make it easy to hit 100g. A 12 oz can of tuna alone has 55g of protein no carbs and next to no fat.
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Oscar Meyer makes these little snack packs with a meat, cheese and nut. They're called P3 (Portable Protein Pack) and have either 13 or 14 grams of protein. Only 160ish calories too.
    Skinless chicken breast is a must too. I eat it almost every day.
    Peanut butter is good too but it's a little higher in calories.
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Chicken Breast / Cheese/ Throw in the protein powder into yogurt and eat/ Smoked salmon/ Beef Jerky.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Turkey or Chicken
    Fish
    Cheese
    Pork
    Beef
    Tofu
    Beans
    Eggs
    Yogurt/Milk
    Nuts/Seeds
  • daniellej830
    daniellej830 Posts: 1 Member
    Isopure Zero Carb protein drink...no carbs, no fat, no sugar and 40g of protein!
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Check out my diary if you wish...I eat 90-120 grams a day and am eating about what you said...I also incorporate high protein bread and seafood...chicken, beans...etc...
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    0020.gif
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    During half term I am eating protein pancakes for breakfast to hit my goals. And because they are delicious!
  • Thank you for the suggestions everyone!
  • anglergirl3
    anglergirl3 Posts: 113 Member
    Are you vegetarian? If not a couple of chicken breasts or a can of tuna would make it easy to hit 100g. A 12 oz can of tuna alone has 55g of protein no carbs and next to no fat.

I'm officially on a quest for tuna. Thank you!
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Maybe adding a Quest bar in as a snack? Most are around 20g protein.