Question regarding calories

ktyang04
ktyang04 Posts: 60
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So, MFP says my BMR is 1,300. But I have to eat at least 1,200 calories. So my deficient is only 100 calories per day. If I exercise and burn 500 calories, do I eat 1,700 calories or should I just stick to 1,200 since my deficient is so little?

At 100 calories deficient per day it will take me a long time (35 days) to lose 1 pound. If I don't eat back my 500, then I will lose 1 pound a week...

Is this correct?

Replies

• carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    I think I would stick to the 1200 and not eat your exercise calories.
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    It is very hard for smaller people to lose the weight due to the "1200 rule" if all of the food you are eating is good healthy nutritous food then eating 1200 and exercising without eating the exercise calories back will be ok.

I find it funny that some people say they are healthy because they eat 1500 cals, but it is all junk!

1000 cals of good nutririous healthy food is better than 2000 cals of sat fats, sugar and other crap!
  • thank you... anyone else? Please I need your thoughts.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Your BMR is not the amount of calories you burn during a regular day. Your BMR is the amount of calories you would burn if you were lying in a comma. If you set your weight loss goal to "maintain" you will see what MFP thinks is your calories burned. Then you will get a better idea of the deficit MFP has set for you.

Good luck on your journey.
  • Your BMR is not the amount of calories you burn during a regular day. Your BMR is the amount of calories you would burn if you were lying in a comma. If you set your weight loss goal to "maintain" you will see what MFP thinks is your calories burned. Then you will get a better idea of the deficit MFP has set for you.

Good luck on your journey.

Thanks, this helped.
This discussion has been closed.