Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you log your exercise?

megnay
megnay Posts: 65 Member
I find logging my exercise really throws me off my caloric intake. It confuses me as it subtracts my exercise from my overall calories, meaning I would end up eating more.

Replies

• odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    I always log my exercise, mostly so I have a record of what I've been doing.

And yeah, It's supposed to subtract so you get more calories :P

You want to eat more when you work out because you're already eating below what you'd burn if you were just going about your life. If you don't eat them back, especially when you're exercising hard, you could burn out quicker. One thing you can try is to eat half of them back, and if you're still tired and sluggish add 100-200 calories the next week and see how you feel. If you're still sluggish, repeat that until you feel good.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    I don't bother logging exercise calories right now. I log the time and then manually switch it to 1 calorie, so I can check that I am actually doing exercise every day, but so it doesn't change all my macros, which throws me.

I eat back some of the calories, usually by having a banana, babybel cheese or or something else similar I log as a snack. I'm still losing weight at a rate I'm comfortable with, and I like having the total visibility of understanding what effect an hour a day of brisk walking, compensated by a snack, for example, does to my weight, rather than relying on what MFP estimates. I figure understanding this will help during maintenance.