WW vs MFP daily calorie intake

Options
I've done WW in the past but am new to MFP, i'm loving the site but am curious if MFP lowers your daily caloric setting as you lose weight in the way WW lowers your points as you lose or if i should expect the same calorie settings as long as i keep my goals the same? Thank you.

Replies

• Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    After each 10 pound loss, MFP pops up a message asking if you want to re-evaluate your calorie goal.
  • literaturelover25
    literaturelover25 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok that makes sense, thank you.
  • eatspopcorn
    eatspopcorn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would think that yes, as you lose weight your TDEE becomes lower. ie: you burn less calories doing normal things since you aren't carrying all that extra weight around.

So yes you would have to re-evaluate every so often. Maybe just watch your patterns, and if you've stalled for a couple of weeks it could be that the calorie level you're at is closer to maintenance and you'd need to lower it.

Ps - I hated WW and points, its way easier with MFP counting calories. It took me a little while to really get the hang of it to meet my calorie goal every day, but once you get it and have go-to foods that you know will fit into your day it's a piece of cake.

Mmmmm cake... :love: