Perfect day

Options
What, in your opinion, is the most healthiest day of food - meals and snacks for the day. One of my MFP friends and me were talking and she eats the same thing EVERYDAY

something like

porridge for breakfast

salad sandwich for lunch

soup for dinner

yoghurt for snack...

would this get repetitive in your opinion?? same thing everyday or would you say that this trains your body to be strict and reduce calories?

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Sounds boring to me but whatever works for you works for you so not going to judge your friend for that. I don't think you can look at someones routinue and see that it works for them and just copy paste it and expect it to work for you though.
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I would become very frustrated in one day.

Just eat a variety of foods and stay under you calories for he day. Cut back on carbs and don't worry too much. You'l be fine
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My perfect days have to have variety - I can't eat the same thing day in day out. My husband will eat the same breakfast & lunch every day, which he's fine with, but I'd get so sick of it. I don't think it teaches you anything about food or nutrition either - if that's all you eat, and someone offers you something at a party, or you go out for dinner, or you have a bad day, or you're out on a road trip... what do you do?

Of course, if she's fully aware of her health and nutrition, and eats the same thing simply for ease of logging, then that's another matter I suppose. But honestly that combination of foods doesn't seem like enough calories to live on anyway.
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I like the....strictness and self control of it cos its something I seriously lack but Id get very bored very quick!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I like the....strictness and self control of it cos its something I seriously lack but Id get very bored very quick!

You know the funny thing is if I am honest with myself I also like being very strict with my diet and exercise. Its sick but I find it almost fun to be that rigid with it, easier to track progress, easier to understand whats going on with my body and I honestly don't miss the variety. My diary is open and if you look at it I pretty much have a variant of what your friend does in that most days I DO eat the same things (just not those things).

My point though was to each there own and I don't claim that my way or your friends way is the way to go, whatever works for you to keep motivated.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For me a perfect day is hitting your macros perfectly. Which has never happened to me, lol.

But yeah, there's no way I could eat the same thing every day, I'd end up having a massive binge I think.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    What, in your opinion, is the most healthiest day of food - meals and snacks for the day. One of my MFP friends and me were talking and she eats the same thing EVERYDAY

something like

porridge for breakfast

salad sandwich for lunch

soup for dinner

yoghurt for snack...

would this get repetitive in your opinion?? same thing everyday or would you say that this trains your body to be strict and reduce calories?

It's ok eating the same thing day after day if it contains everything you need.
    The problem is when you eat the same thing and it's lacking in something. Looks like a major protein deficiency there for example.
    One day is fine, but a month of that and there's a serious problem!
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    sorry i'm a "foodie" and that routine of yogurt and salad every day would never work for me. I eat a lot of different kinds of food and I eat good and I am loosing weight at at steady pace. I acutally lost ten pounds, even though my profile says 6. It's a long story why, but trust me, you can eat good and not have to eat a boring diet everyday.