Favorite 400 calorie or less meals?

Options
CLynch309
CLynch309 Posts: 34 Member
Getting very bored with my food routine. It works, so of course I stick with it, but I need ideas for something new and different. I currently have meals with fresh fruits and low-fat cheese, chopped veggies mixed with various sources of low fat protein (e.g. hard-boiled egg, almonds, chicken breast), smoked salmon on a toaster size bagel with low fat cream cheese... Planning to make my own, homemade hummus.

What else??? I need ideas of things that are fast and easy to make.

Thanks...

Replies

• janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Ive been buying frozen cordon bleu chicken. It is soooo good. Especially, when I don't have time to cook. They are I believe 245 calorie each. So good and so filling. Go in the frozen food section, they should be there. Just check for the one with the lowest calories. I make mixed vegetable with it and toss with italian dressing. Or have a salad with it too. It's real good. You can make tacos, I love them for dinner. How about breaded boneless chicken breast? You can use canola oil and panko bread crumbs. Serve it with corn on the cob and red potatoes. just have like one red potato though and use light butter or margarine.
  • scispence
    scispence Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'll admit that for lunch I usually have a Lean Cuisine meal or VH Steamers or something like that. I know there's usually too much salt, but if I had to rely on myself putting together something every day, I'd end up eating junk anyway, so I figure at least I'm getting some veggies and not too many calories.

And some of them are pretty tasty!
  • JILLCLI4D
    JILLCLI4D Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Quiche-
    Cheap, easy, healthy and delicious. You can add anything to the "base" of the quiche. For the base, I use about 1/2-1 C skim milk and a dozen eggs. Beat (not whisk). Crust (generic Pillsbury pie crust) or crustless. Put into a glass pie container or muffin pans. Quiche is delish for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have about 50 grams baby spinach with 120 grams of whatever protein you like (usually turkey or fish), sweet potato baked and cut up and for the "dressing" a 1/4 cup of low fat cottage cheese is perfect :) And for a low carb option I bake some pumpkin or mushrooms instead. Really satisfying and usually comes in around 300-400 cals :)
  • janine2355
    Options
    I just thought of something else? Do you like seafood? There are so many things you can do with shrimp and it's not high in calories. I also just started making this crab dip and having it with low fat crackers. That's really low in calories too. Let me know if you want the recipe
  • jjoh553028
    jjoh553028 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I usually eat either the lean cuisine, smart ones or healthy choice. I have found some that are really tasty. Way too much sodium, but better than eating out every day. I am not a cook and if this is going to be a life style change then it has to be something that I can live with. I am loosing weight and adding fruit and fresh vegatables to my diet. I am not hungry and I know I can live with it. So what works for me may not work for others.
  • tmyers968
    tmyers968 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Amy's makes some wonderful low calorie frozen meals. All organic and GMO free as well. The flavors from these meals are amazing! Spaghetti squash with ground turkey and tomato sauce is a delicious healthy version of spaghetti.
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Karissa_Clohan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just thought of something else? Do you like seafood? There are so many things you can do with shrimp and it's not high in calories. I also just started making this crab dip and having it with low fat crackers. That's really low in calories too. Let me know if you want the recipe

That sounds awesome... please share!
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Wraps with a side of fruit and veggies are usually less than 400 for me. Actually, practically anything I eat is less than 400. lol.

I like turkey with hummus and shredded carrots the most. Mmmm...
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My favorite right now is a Morningstar Farms Chipolte Blackbean Burger (190), 2 slices Healthy Life Bread (70), a slice of pepper jack cheese (80) and some Ott's Wing Sauce (20 Tbsp) or Horseradish Mustard for some kick. Throw in some veggies to get to 400 if you wish. Joe
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hard shell taco supreme tacos from taco bell. 200 cals each and I eat two of them. It works when on the road and I dont have time to sit to eat a salad.
  • CLynch309
    CLynch309 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love shellfish - by all means, please share!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    A piece of thin lean sirloin (called Palomilla in Spanish) sauteed with lots of onions and a side of veggies thrown in to soak up the seasonings (herbs, spices, some Sazon by Goya.)

Super yum. Does anyone cook anymore? Just asking.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    2 Turkey tacos!

Lean ground Turkey 90/10
    Black Beans
    Corn
    Cheese
    Corn Tortillas heated
    Lime for taste

I can eat 2 for under 400 cals
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Roast turkey with carbs like rice and brocolli
    With buttoads of tzatziki and srirachi :love:
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    "Garlic-y Shrimp & Grits"

1/4 cup dried polenta (prepared according to directions)
    1 tsp olive oil
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1.5 tsp olive oil
    1 cup baby spinach
    1/2 cup diced tomatoes
    1/2 tsp minced garlic (divided)
    1/4 tsp dried oregano
    3 oz. large shrimp

Cook polenta according to directions and stir in 1/4 garlic, 1 tsp olive oil, and black pepper. Cook onion in 1 to 1.5 tsp olive oil over med-high heat for 4 minutes. Add 1 cup spinach and shrimp and cook until shrimp is pink. Add diced tomatoes, 1/4 tsp garlic, oregano and simmer until heated through. Serve over polenta.

387 cals, 15g fat, 26g protein, 4g fiber, 5g sugar

"Lemon Basil Shrimp & Pasta"

4 oz large shrimp
    1 cup baby spinach
    1 tbsp fresh basil
    1 tbsp capers (drained)
    1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
    2 oz (dry) whole grain linguine
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    1.5 tsp olive oil

Cook pasta according to directions. Add shrimp too pasta water for last 3 minute of cooking and cook both until done. Drain pasta/shrimp mixture and pour into bowl. Stir in basil, capers, olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Top spinach on plate with pasta mixture.

370 cals, 11g fat, 28g protein, 7g fiber, 2g sugar
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Check skinnytaste.com
  • janine2355
    Options

That sounds awesome... please share!

I buy a package of the louis kemp flake style crab meat. You then break it up with your hands to very small pieces. It will be almost shredded. Then I add Hellmans mayo (you can use light if you want) and add black pepper. A lot of black pepper. As far as the mayo, I don't like to much mayo. just add what you like. Then I serve it with low fat ritz crackers or use whatever kind you like. It is very low in calories this meal. You can have it for lunch or snack.
  • dougm0507
    dougm0507 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love the sound of that one
  • dbailedou
    dbailedou Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    when I do something like that I also take frozen veggies and add them in. It is easy, doesn't add many calories, doesn't really affect the taste, and fills me up. I do this with everything from frozen burritos and hot pockets to lean cuisine meals. Good luck!